2014-15 NBA Season Thread

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Whoa, whoa ... first of all there are actually a few Hawks fans that post here so you are among friends (except for all the HorCats fans who've gone silent for some reason ;)).

I'm not sure which of Teague or Schroder should be traded if at all. Is Schroder ready to do it night in and night out? I'm not sure. He's had a few dog games despite the fact that he's played quite well this season.

At the same time, Teague has taken over a few games and is a legit all-star candidate (if it weren't a total popularity contest). I'm kinda partial to keeping both and letting it play out. Gotta keep Mack since he's the perfect backup PG.

Honestly, the way the team is structured I'm not sure who/what they need to add in order to get to that next level. Most say they need that alpha scorer but it'd take too much assets to acquire. Plus do we really want to go back to the days of "throw it to him and let him dribble 25 seconds and launch a fadeaway"?

Many will disagree, but I think Joe Johnson would be the perfect piece to add to this team (money aside). Think about it, Joe without the expectation of being "the man".
That is a good point, I think he would be a perfect fit if he plays within his role. That is a big If though. Joe tends to hold the ball and go iso. Right now I say we keep both and continue to let Schroder develop and let Teague "officially" become an all star(even though he already plays like it). Mack is a great back up PG who was on fire yesterday. I think our best move in the future is trading teague at his highest value for that perimeter scorer to take our offense to the promise land. Then have the junkyard dog or someone like him being the 6th man.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That is a good point, I think he would be a perfect fit if he plays within his role. That is a big If though. Joe tends to hold the ball and go iso.

That's my thing though. I don't think he ever really wanted to play that way but was asked to due to the lack of a real offensive system. Hence his persistent reluctant demeanor (IMHO). He fit quite well in PHX's system back in the day as he would here now.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hey we aren't "quiet". We just have nothing to talk about at the moment.

Think y'all will trade Lantz? I kinda think a trade with the Nets, bringing back Joe Johnson, works well for y'all. Apparently I'm President of the JoeJohn fan club the past few days. :rolleyes:

Kinda surprised Rondo went to Dallas. Celtics got a crap package back.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Think y'all will trade Lantz? I kinda think a trade with the Nets, bringing back Joe Johnson, works well for y'all. Apparently I'm President of the JoeJohn fan club the past few days. :rolleyes:

Kinda surprised Rondo went to Dallas. Celtics got a crap package back.
Lol nobody's gonna offer a good trade for Lance right now.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lol nobody's gonna offer a good trade for Lance right now.

Probably not.

Now that the Pistons have released (yes, released) Josh Smith I fully hope the HorCats bring him in to counteract the Lantz. Tune in for the comedic value alone.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
LOL JOSH SMITH!!!!!

Did ANYONE besides Dumars see him working out in Detroit? Such a bad signing from day 1 and probably stunted team chemistry & growth of Drummond & Monroe.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
So, Lance misses three games and the Hornets go on a roll...hmm.

Boy I was wayyyyy off on Lance...thought it was perfect for the Hornets...that and I though the Hornets would be better than the Hawks! Have been super impressed by them this year.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
So, Lance misses three games and the Hornets go on a roll...hmm.

Boy I was wayyyyy off on Lance...thought it was perfect for the Hornets...that and I though the Hornets would be better than the Hawks! Have been super impressed by them this year.
It's OK we'll still have the Panthers over the Falcons after next week.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hawks for real (except against TOR :mad:). What they did to the Cavs a few games ago was criminal .... and I loved every minute of it.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I never checked to see if anyone talked about the Hawks over here. I think Shro
Whoa, whoa ... first of all there are actually a few Hawks fans that post here so you are among friends (except for all the HorCats fans who've gone silent for some reason ;)).

I'm not sure which of Teague or Schroder should be traded if at all. Is Schroder ready to do it night in and night out? I'm not sure. He's had a few dog games despite the fact that he's played quite well this season.

At the same time, Teague has taken over a few games and is a legit all-star candidate (if it weren't a total popularity contest). I'm kinda partial to keeping both and letting it play out. Gotta keep Mack since he's the perfect backup PG.

Honestly, the way the team is structured I'm not sure who/what they need to add in order to get to that next level. Most say they need that alpha scorer but it'd take too much assets to acquire. Plus do we really want to go back to the days of "throw it to him and let him dribble 25 seconds and launch a fadeaway"?

Many will disagree, but I think Joe Johnson would be the perfect piece to add to this team (money aside). Think about it, Joe without the expectation of being "the man".

I agree, I also agree with Chason though on the idea of trading Teague. He may be better right now but Schroder has a much higher ceiling I think, especially if he can start hitting a few jumpers. If we traded Teague for a really good iso scorer like Joe Johnson or someone on the wing, maybe even Jeff Green, I think we could win a championship playing team basketball and with depth. We could really use a true center as well, and Pero Antic has to go, I have no idea what that guy is doing half the time. I've never seen such a soft big man.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I never checked to see if anyone talked about the Hawks over here. I think Shro

I agree, I also agree with Chason though on the idea of trading Teague. He may be better right now but Schroder has a much higher ceiling I think, especially if he can start hitting a few jumpers. If we traded Teague for a really good iso scorer like Joe Johnson or someone on the wing, maybe even Jeff Green, I think we could win a championship playing team basketball and with depth. We could really use a true center as well, and Pero Antic has to go, I have no idea what that guy is doing half the time. I've never seen such a soft big man.

Eh, these last 2 games vs. the 'mighty' Bucks shows why we can't trade Teague. He won't net a good enough SG/SF to warrant starting Dennis full-time right now. Wish we could trade a package involving Payne (since he inexplicably won't be ready 'til next year or beyond apparently) for someone like Afflalo. Denver could be heading to a firesale and Afflalo would really be good for us (since they probably won't/can't go to the JoeJohn well).

I wonder if the Bulls can afford to match a big offer for Butler since he's a rFA after this season? Can't be paying max to Rose and Butler and keep Noah, Pau and others happy.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Eh, these last 2 games vs. the 'mighty' Bucks shows why we can't trade Teague. He won't net a good enough SG/SF to warrant starting Dennis full-time right now. Wish we could trade a package involving Payne (since he inexplicably won't be ready 'til next year or beyond apparently) for someone like Afflalo. Denver could be heading to a firesale and Afflalo would really be good for us (since they probably won't/can't go to the JoeJohn well).

I wonder if the Bulls can afford to match a big offer for Butler since he's a rFA after this season? Can't be paying max to Rose and Butler and keep Noah, Pau and others happy.
I like that idea. I think butler would fit in well with his defensive play.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Aw yeah, been monitoring this closely. The wording of his tweet is misleading though. IIUC, all this means is that the current owners will certainly be gone. That in and of itself is a HUGE step in the right direction.

The tweet seems to imply that there is a deal/final buyer in place but, again IIUC, that's not necessarily the case. Still great news though.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In case you haven't heard the news about my Knicks... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

We went full-on tank mode, dumped salary, and potentially made 2 other teams worse along the way.