12/5 - MBB vs U(sic)GA

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
uga shot better than GT, but 40% is not good. Their 30% from beyond the 3-point line is also not good. What they did was beat us on the boards and make their FTs. We lost by 14 and eight of those points we lost at the FT line.

We are not going to win shooting 32% and getting out rebounded. Quibble about the officiating, but that was a factor in this loss. uga wanted this game more and was a lot more agressive than our guys.
As I said before, we looked flat from the opening tip off.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Bottom line: Got to make the bunny shots around the rim. that's it. I'm guessing just too up tight on the road, just like Cincy. We are going to have ups and downs all year.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not over reacting to a night where nothing would go in the basket in a December game just before finals. Kids played hard all game, had 2-3 guys on the floor battling for loose balls at times. Ndongo is a force even when his shooting touch is off. This team will be fun to watch this season as I think we can play with anybody on a good night.
Doesn't Georgia have finals?

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
uga shot better than GT, but 40% is not good. Their 30% from beyond the 3-point line is also not good. What they did was beat us on the boards and make their FTs. We lost by 14 and eight of those points we lost at the FT line.

We are not going to win shooting 32% and getting out rebounded. Quibble about the officiating, but that was not a factor in this loss. uga wanted this game more and was a lot more agressive than our guys.
Fair point. I guess I just kept picturing Blue Cain and thinking, "I bet he doesn't shoot 57% from 3 all year!" (His 3pt % coming in was 28%, by the way)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I obviously want Terry healthy but put me firmly in the camp that believes he will shoot 30% from 3 when the offense is operating like it did last night. I don't think he is going to have a huge impact until we are generating rhythm 3s. Last evening's game wouldn't have looked that much different with him in the rotation.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They were great against Duke.

Against MSU Ndongo was 1-7 for 2 points and George was 4-10 (0-3) for 11 points with 1 assist to 3 turnovers. I wouldn't really classify that as great. George was good and showed reasons to be excited for the freshman but Ndongo wasn't. Showed athleticism and a defensive presence but not much else.

I still think the better path would to have been to focus around the returning experience we have in Sturdivant, Coleman, and Kelly (and Terry when he returns) and playing to their strengths while more slowly incorporating the younger players. However, at this point that ship has likely sailed. I don't think the style we are playing suits them at all so in the long run it probably is better to just go full on head first into the George and Ndongo combo.
LOL.. The returning players have been given many, many chances to prove themselves. Their opportunity has been there. I'm a Deebo fan and he was terrible last night when we needed him most.

Also, what a terrible take on Ndongo. You're going to bang on his stat line against Miss State? It was his second game back. He practiced a week after missing a month. Have you played much ball?

If you don't like playing / relying on freshmen, you are going to be disappointed because there is likely going to be a strong youth movement at GT.

Damon is going to entice high-level HS talent with playing time (and NIL) and I'm all for it. Let's give the ball to the guys that are going help us win!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
When we lost Blue Cain I knew it would come back to haunt us. He will be starting for the Dogs soon.
Meh, he’s a good shooter, but he’s nothing special. He’s no great loss. Good riddance. We can and should get much better talent.

He also didn’t win that game for the mutts last night. GT would have lost that game whether blue Cain played or not.

bos

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know why an assistant coach hasn’t been with the team of a couple of weeks now?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
LOL.. The returning players have been given many, many chances to prove themselves. Their opportunity has been there. I'm a Deebo fan and he was terrible last night when we needed him most.

Yeah, in a style that doesn't suit them or their skill sets. That doesn't address the idea of having an offense more designed around their skills having more likely to have success this year.

Also, what a terrible take on Ndongo. You're going to bang on his stat line against Miss State? It was his second game back. He practiced a week after missing a month. Have you played much ball?

Do you have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader? The original poster said they had a great game against MSU. Yeah, he had a good reason for not having a great game. But he still didn't have a great game. And that was my point. In direct contrast to the quote.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, in a style that doesn't suit them or their skill sets. That doesn't address the idea of having an offense more designed around their skills having more likely to have success this year.

Do you have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader? The original poster said they had a great game against MSU. Yeah, he had a good reason for not having a great game. But he still didn't have a great game. And that was my point. In direct contrast to the quote.
LOL. Why single him out?. Everybody had a crummy game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

LOL...You're so intent on being right that you're just making **** up as you go.

Both Deebo and Miles were known as shooters, this style of offense has produced them with countless open shots. Many plays designed for them.

But it doesn't suit them... If you really believe that the Princeton offense suited them better than the current one, you're damn delusional.

You used to be informed... Now you just sound like the old man yelling at everyone to get off your lawn.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
LOL...You're so intent on being right that you're just making **** up as you go.

Both Deebo and Miles were known as shooters, this style of offense has produced them with countless open shots. Many plays designed for them.

Countless open shots? Maybe if you count out of rhythm shots created off little to not movement or motion with a defender still close by.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Countless open shots? Maybe if you count out of rhythm shots created off little to not movement or motion with a defender still close by.
Our players have had plenty of open shots this season. Far more than the past 10 years. Right now the players are having both good and bad shooting nights. It’s still very early in the season.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't Georgia have finals?
Yes. Study time not required.

hole round GIF

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Our players have had plenty of open shots this season. Far more than the past 10 years. Right now the players are having both good and bad shooting nights. It’s still very early in the season.

Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone can watch that game and not see we were getting consistent open shots. We just didn't knock them down or finish.