12/5 - MBB vs U(sic)GA

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Tickets are on sale for this year's Tech — u(sic)ga hoops game on the dwags ticket website. Let's turn Stegosaurus Coliseum (or whatever the hell it's called) GOLD. Get your tix now!!

Tech vs. u(sic)ga Basketball Tickets
My dad told stories about driving up to Athens to see GT play the dogs on a rainy night and the old Woodruff Hall arena had a leaky roof. The floor had puddles with towels soaking up the water. Woodruff was closed in 1964 according to Wiki and replaced by Stegeman, so it's close to 60 years old. I went with my dad too see Pistol Pete play at Stegeman when he was at LSU. He scored 58 points in an OT game and made a half court hook shot at the buzzer for a 10 point LSU win.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
My dad told stories about driving up to Athens to see GT play the dogs on a rainy night and the old Woodruff Hall arena had a leaky roof. The floor had puddles with towels soaking up the water. Woodruff was closed in 1964 according to Wiki and replaced by Stegeman, so it's close to 60 years old. I went with my dad to see Pistol Pete play at Stegeman when he was at LSU. He scored 58 points in an OT game and made a half court hook shot at the buzzer for a 10 point LSU win.
From what I hear, the roof still leaks and occasionally chunks of concrete come showering down. Better wear your hard hat into that cesspool.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll give @bucknellbison31 a pass since he made this thread before we figured out thread titles are the key to winning.

But also mods, get your asses in here.

I'll be in Athens, potentially +1 but maybe solo. Let's steamroll 'em.
Didn't mean this to be the official game thread, just wanted to make a post about tickets. But you're right, that's on me — bad mojo!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I will be curious to see if UGag tries to make George a scorer instead of a facilitator. Go under screens and don’t help when he attacks the basket. What I would do

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bump. Time to take over that old dilapidated cesspool in Athens!

Gonna be like ....

no way wtf GIF

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Not putting much stock in these rankings at this point but we are 142, so some work to do. Georgia is 148 so the game tomorrow is (presently) Q3.

Other rankings of note:
Cincinnati - 14
Mississippi State - 40
Duke - 37
UMass Lowell - 46

The wins over Missy St and Duke are just outside Q1.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The thing that confounds me more is that Carter Murphy is getting meaningful minutes. I know Abram has started poorly, but are you really gonna tell me that Murphy should be playing over him?
I took a wait and see approach with Stoudamire. Being a very casual basketball watcher it has been hard for me to figure out what he‘s doing. That being said he’s delivered 2 exciting games in a row. He seems to understand what’s in the heads of these young men. He seems to not have pissed off Studivant or Coleman, they are filling their roles nicely. He seemingly rightly put a lot of faith in 2 Freshmen, despite claiming he’s ride the same starting lineup he changed it with good results. The ones not “following directions” are now understanding what riding the pine feels like. I’m sure it’s temporary.

I’d say all in all it’s hard to question his judgment. Mine on the other hand in this situation is not worth the trons in the phone it’s typed on.

Just keep delivering watchable basketball. I’m so excited about our program I feel like I went back to 1982 in some sort of time machine.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
The thing that confounds me more is that Carter Murphy is getting meaningful minutes. I know Abram has started poorly, but are you really gonna tell me that Murphy should be playing over him?
Maybe coach is still waiting for full buy-in from Abram? He is very athletic, but in the first four games didn't show (best I could tell) a lot of energy on defense and was not a distributor on offense. I hope Abram figures it out cuz he can offer important minutes if he can tap into his potential in the way coach wants.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck

I wouldn't call 5 minutes against MissState and 2 minutes against Duke 'meaningful minutes'. I'm not sure what happens in practice or the conversations held wth Abram but I want to believe CDS is doing what is best for both Abram and the team. A future with George and Abram running the point is good for the program.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't understand many coaching moves Damon Stoudamire makes, but to my low basketball IQ eyes they seems to be working extremely well. In his post Duke game press conference, CDS said the whole team is buying into his system. I think Abram will be playing meaningful minutes soon.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe it is more about Abrams not doing everything CDS feels like he should be doing to get on the court than actually ability.

Effort level and desire seem like prerequisites for Damon, and Abrams body language was bad in the two games he played.