12/5 - MBB vs U(sic)GA

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Going to have to catch the replay tonight later. Disappointing to lose to the dwags.

Just had a lot going on. Also - I hope Blue Cain gets a flat tire on the way home in the rain.

Also, also - those pushups were weak sauce and counted 0 for proper form.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Disappointing effort. I don’t know if the 7 footer was messing with us around the rim or if we were just flat out lazy tonight, but that was brutal in the paint. Man, Abrams is really in the dog house. I thought he should have gotten some run tonight.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Going to have to catch the replay tonight later. Disappointing to lose to the dwags.

Just had a lot going on. Also - I hope Blue Cain gets a flat tire on the way home in the rain.

Also, also - those pushups were weak sauce and counted 0 for proper form.
Don’t waste your time with the replay. Seriously, no matter how much of a hoop head you might be, there isn’t a second of it that is worth watching.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Disappointing effort. I don’t know if the 7 footer was messing with us around the rim or if we were just flat out lazy tonight, but that was brutal in the paint. Man, Abrams is really in the dog house. I thought he should have gotten some run tonight.
Agreed. If ever there was a time to get some instant offense off the bench. Whatever.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Expect the upperclassmen to lead the way in play, passion and toughness - major fail. Lifeless.
Reeves seems to always bring a little fire; like his consistency.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, while I’m pissed off and ranting, what the heck is up with all the dwag football player commercials for associated credit union on the official GT game day app. For the love of all that is holy, how stupid and incompetent can GT be at everything?!

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Alabama A&M can’t come soon enough. Need to win that by 30 and get some flow back for road swing. Our OOC schedule looks like a S-bag.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My thoughts:

Neither team shot well, but we were worse.
It seemed most of the long rebounds went straight to uga players. Nothing you can do when that happens.
We have to be able to shoot better than 45% FTs. This is just awful.
Is CDS asking too much of Ndongo and George? They were great in the last two games, but this was not their night on offense.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts:

Neither team shot well, but we were worse.
It seemed most of the long rebounds went straight to uga players. Nothing you can do when that happens.
Is CDS asking too much of Ndongo and George? They were great in the last two games, but this was not their night on offense.
Is it possible Ndongo and George are…freshmen? That group is well known for inconsistent play as they learn.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, in an empty gym, but not at game speed. Nope, not even close. Need better athletes. At least Devoe had mad skills to create shots below the rim. If you have average athleticism and average skills, you’re just gonna be average.
Weird thing to be upset about.
I’d rather have shooters… 6days a week and twice on Sunday.

We were very clearly affected by their inside presence. We were timid in the paint all night. Circus shots rarely fall. Hitting uncontested layups and midrange jumpers would be nice though

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, that free throw percentage is inexplicably bad.

On George and Ndongo, they didn’t have great games, but they are competitors and they were probably pressing and trying to do too much because the upperclassmen couldn’t get anything going and the team needed some competitive fire.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I’m so excited for the Alabama A&M game and y’all getting geeked up defeating a 1-6 team before getting pasted again on the road against another team we should probably beat.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Weird thing to be upset about.
I’d rather have shooters… 6days a week and twice on Sunday.

We were very clearly affected by their inside presence. We were timid in the paint all night. Circus shots rarely fall. Hitting uncontested layups and midrange jumpers would be nice though
Jackets just couldn't shoot the ball tonight. Everything else looked decent to halfway decent except the shooting, and it was atrocious.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
That sucked. Defense was good for the first 12 or so minutes but for the rest of the game gave up a pace that would put them at 90. Overall defensive shooting numbers aren't bad at 40/30. IMO our defensive numbers are likely a result somewhat of just trying to find any line up that could do anything offensively

Offensively we were just bad. Two mainissues stick out. We had a bunch of missed shots close to the rim. Some were good looks. Some were off balance but makeable. Overall, we haven't had that issue so I would write it off as just a bad game for now, but the other issue is bigger to me. From 3 we shot 29.6%. And unfortunately we can't even really say that is a cold shooting day. Against Duke we shot 30.4 from the behind the arc despite starting 4 of 4. Against State we shot 29.6%. Cinci 29.4%. Lowell 20%. Howard 22%. We did shoot 45% against GSU who is now 0-8. We have too many good shooters to be a 30% shooting team from 3 but that seems to be where we are at. And if you look at the shots we generate it's pretty easy to see why. Way too many off the dribble pull ups, or off of one pass with a defender somewhat contesting. And not just from one player, but seemingly our entire back court which to me says it's something that the coaching staff is emphasising. Every once in a while we will have a good possession where we swing the ball, get penetration, get the defense scrambling and end in a good, in rhythm, 3. And we typically make those.

Honestly feels like we are more trying to play like an NBA team with our offensive action, which I don't think is a good approach at the college level.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
There are a lot more opportunities for jumpers… but yeah, let’s have our cake and eat it too
I’m just saying other than pure shooters, which I would love to have but we don’t have any of them either, we need athletes. The same guys that jump out of the gym and play above the rim can usually elevate to get off clean jump shots instead of getting blocked, etc.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Jackets just couldn't shoot the ball tonight. Everything else looked decent to halfway decent except the shooting, and it was atrocious.
Really? Everything else looked good? I saw a lot of bad body language and sloppy play amongst other nonsense.