12/30 - GT @ ND

GTFLETCH

Banned
It is what it is... I wonder if CJP will give donuts at the home games this year or if they are going to have better freebies....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Me vs this season ...

giveup.gif

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
One more thought about today. While Alston played a ton, next time those minutes go to Haywood. I have some confidence he will beat 4 points and 3 rebounds in 29 minutes.

With a little more firepower on the perimeter and an improving/healthy Lammers I am a bit more hopeful for the rest of the season. Or maybe it is the bourbon talking. :hungry:

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
One more thought about today. While Alston played a ton, next time those minutes go to Haywood. I have some confidence he will beat 4 points and 3 rebounds in 29 minutes.

With a little more firepower on the perimeter and an improving/healthy Lammers I am a bit more hopeful for the rest of the season. Or maybe it is the bourbon talking. :hungry:

Haywood is definitely missed. My guess is that by season's end Lammers, Josh, Tadric, Haywood, and Alvarado dominate minutes played. Those are the only five we have on the roster that one can make a serious argument about being ACC caliber players for the 2017-18 season.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
Ken Sugiura broke down a few details. Again, Cole and Wright aren’t intense enough in practice, so they aren’t getting many minutes
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...-tech-loss-notre-dame/QN9hkTALamrQzWcGXrcnDI/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't read what Ken wrote, but both of those guys are toxic liabilities defensively, and neither come close to making up for it on the offensive end. Until one of them can either learn to play D, or provide point-a-minute offense, I wouldn't look for either to get serious minutes in ACC play.

slugboy

Staff member
I didn't read what Ken wrote, but both of those guys are toxic liabilities defensively, and neither come close to making up for it on the offensive end. Until one of them can either learn to play D, or provide point-a-minute offense, I wouldn't look for either to get serious minutes in ACC play.

We really should have redshirted both, but we barely have a starting 4 when we’re healthy much less a full starting lineup. We just don’t have any depth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We actually played better than I thought we would. We badly miss Haywood as he is our best shooter. I wish they would end the LaBarrie thing and move on. We are losing ground on local recruits big time. When/If LaBarrie is terminated, we have to hire a guy with local ties. There is way too much talent in GA for us to not get any.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
We actually played better than I thought we would. We badly miss Haywood as he is our best shooter. I wish they would end the LaBarrie thing and move on. We are losing ground on local recruits big time. When/If LaBarrie is terminated, we have to hire a guy with local ties. There is way too much talent in GA for us to not get any.

*Huff*

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Are you serious? That's your first choice for lead recruiter?

If we don't come with someone stronger than that, we can forget winning any big-time battles.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
They did as well as they could in this game .But even with a bunch of blocks,steals, few TOs and effort,we couldn't overcome atrocious FTs.A new way to lose after 95% the game before.
btw--Alston may be less than wonderful to some but he had 4 assts with no TOs. Ben is afraid to go to basket because of ankles or fouls? he got 3 FTs.Too many fall-aways.JO still trying to find his way.Tad was a real asset in this one."Assist? I don't need no stinkin assist?"
Last season was a dream.Did it really happen?

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Are you serious? That's your first choice for lead recruiter?

If we don't come with someone stronger than that, we can forget winning any big-time battles.

What do you know about Huff? I’m seriously asking. Because I’m guessing you don’t know how connected he is in the Atlanta hoops scene. Or that he produced 4 major D1 prospects within the span of 4 years at St. Francis. Or that he’s one of the hardest working and most respected coaches in the GHSA right now.

The guy grew up and played college ball in Atlanta and knows this area better than almost anyone else.

Btw - name the last in-state “big-time battle” we won. It’s not like we’re absolutely crushing it with things the way they are right now.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Though, I would not be "so" upset if we hired Huff, he has already had a chance at the NCAA level.

As for St. Francis he was able to recruit players there, so it's kinda meh. Though still impressive.

If we do go the high school route I would go with the man in charge of Game Elite, Coach Williams. It is probably highly doubtful but he has HUGE connections and for better or worse a track record with Adidas. Not to mention we would have the inside track on Christian Brown,Ramsey, Nickleberry, and maybe flip Hagans, who knows who else. Just a scenario that most likely doesn't become a reality but fun to discuss.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Though, I would not be "so" upset if we hired Huff, he has already had a chance at the NCAA level.

As for St. Francis he was able to recruit players there, so it's kinda meh. Though still impressive.

If we do go the high school route I would go with the man in charge of Game Elite, Coach Williams. It is probably highly doubtful but he has HUGE connections and for better or worse a track record with Adidas. Not to mention we would have the inside track on Christian Brown,Ramsey, Nickleberry, and maybe flip Hagans, who knows who else. Just a scenario that most likely doesn't become a reality but fun to discuss.
Not really fair to say he's "had a chance" - it's not like he failed and was fired. He left after a year at Alcorn because he wanted to be back in the Atlanta area.

As for him recruiting at St. Francis - to me, that speak to his ability to relate to young kids, which is what I would look for out of a recruiter.