12/2 - MBB vs. Duke — HOW BOUT THEM JACKETS!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Get your butt out of your chair. F the ice cream.
GTAA needs to stop holding onto the rows behind the bench and sell them to diehard season ticket holders. If you watch any basketball school on TV, those are always the first fans to get out of their seats and make noise after a dunk or 3 in the 2nd half (the energy dissipates from the bench), and the rest of the crowd usually follows suit. Our fans in those seats are ultra casual since they are just there as a result of free tickets on a game by game basis.

hbarrett

Georgia Tech Fan
The personality that Nait brings is well needed. He smiles, he gets excited, he brings energy, and his teammates seem to connect with him.

The staff will continue to work to improve Nait's game....should be fun to watch his development.

The inside defensive play was tough and aggressive. Not many fouls were called on our big guys. The refs were either letting them play or our guys were playing with good fundamentals. It really seemed to frustrate Duke and that was fun to watch.

Yeah...some of the turnovers were boneheaded. That can be fixed.

Overall, the vibe feels good. Sure, there will be ups and downs but the effort is finally there. Keep it up!!!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Get your butt out of your chair. F the ice cream.
Papa P, you’ve really got your panties in a wad about this. Did someone ask you to sit down so that they could see? I’ve witnessed the same thing over and over at Tech games. It’s a pet peeve of mine too. I saw it happen again yesterday in my section. It’s a bummer. I don’t like it. But you’ve got the ultimate defense, you can just turn around and say, “hey, im even older than you are. If I can stand up, so can you!” Kidding

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
Papa P, you’ve really got your panties in a wad about this. Did someone ask you to sit down so that they could see? I’ve witnessed the same thing over and over at Tech games. It’s a pet peeve of mine too. I saw it happen again yesterday in my section. It’s a bummer. I don’t like it. But you’ve got the ultimate defense, you can just turn around and say, “hey, im even older than you are. If I can stand up, so can you!” Kidding
10-4 ... okay, okay ... i've got it out of my system ... it just felt so good to have the Thriller Dome back ...

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Did Baye's ferocious jam off the baseline run remind anyone of Jordan Usher's similar play in the ACC Championship game against FSU? Usher's flush over the FSU big (Grey?) just finished FSU in that game. Baye's was more violent and surprising because we didn't know he could fake and put the ball on the deck and jump with such quickness. We know that it at least surprised the Duke players.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The Tech faithful need to get off their butts … stand and cheer. I wanted to take the pulse of the Tech fans in our section. You are beating Duke … Tech is playing tough and with so much heart … and you just sit there? WTH?
I hate *******s who think the only way to cheer is their way. I can cheer pretty damn loudly sitting and enjoying the game. Personally, my back doesn’t allow me to stand on one place for any appreciable time.

Edit: and standing when exciting plays happen does occur.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
631C2996-B486-4E0B-AA0C-49329609035B.jpeg
CA97E37F-CD99-40C0-8BC3-D719DFDE85AA.jpeg
0735B08C-890E-4528-A881-057CA6CB7ECE.jpeg

I’d like to give kudos to our fans… and ESPECIALLY the students for showing up yesterday. McCamish was a home court advantage and showed why it’s called the Thrillerdome yesterday. Hopefully this win sparks a renewed interest in the program.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
I hate *******s who think the only way to cheer is their way. I can cheer pretty damn loudly sitting and enjoying the game. Personally, my back doesn’t allow me to stand on one place for any appreciable time.

Edit: and standing when exciting plays happen does occur.

I didn’t call anyone names. Just want more people to stand and cheer after a great play. 95% are sitting on their butts until the final 2 minutes. I understand some like you have good reason. We may disagree - fine but didn’t call anyone a ******.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Did Baye's ferocious jam off the baseline run remind anyone of Jordan Usher's similar play in the ACC Championship game against FSU? Usher's flush over the FSU big (Grey?) just finished FSU in that game. Baye's was more violent and surprising because we didn't know he could fake and put the ball on the deck and jump with such quickness. We know that it at least surprised the Duke players.
Thought the same thing.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t call anyone names. Just want more people to stand and cheer after a great play. 95% are sitting on their butts until the final 2 minutes. I understand some like you have good reason. We may disagree - fine but didn’t call anyone a ******.
If this bolded section were in your original message, I would have passed it right over without comment. Sore subject for me.

There's too much righteous indignation coming from fans, especially in the football forum, about not standing for the whole game and then getting upset when told to sit down so people can actually watch the game and enjoy it the way they want to. Everyone pays for their ticket; so everyone should be able to watch the game.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
If this bolded section were in your original message, I would have passed it right over without comment. Sore subject for me.

There's too much righteous indignation coming from fans, especially in the football forum, about not standing for the whole game and then getting upset when told to sit down so people can actually watch the game and enjoy it the way they want to. Everyone pays for their ticket; so everyone should be able to watch the game.
That’s fair … and I appreciate your perspective. Don’t mind being called out either. I just don’t believe it warrants calling people ******.

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
When was the last time we started freshmen at 1 and 4? Seems to me it was Price and Salley and they turned the program around. George isn't the shooter Price was, but NDongo is a better scorer than Salley. Maybe the results will be similar.
Bob THWg and FDuke

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
When was the last time we started freshmen at 1 and 4? Seems to me it was Price and Salley and they turned the program around. George isn't the shooter Price was, but NDongo is a better scorer than Salley. Maybe the results will be similar.
Bob THWg and FDuke
Jose started as a freshman. Someone said last game that Nait George has a little Jose in him and I agree. We need him to inherit that Jose clutch gene though so he can hit his free throws.

Edit: oh did you mean freshmen at the 1 and 4 simultaneously?