12/2 - MBB vs. Duke — HOW BOUT THEM JACKETS!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That’s fair … and I appreciate your perspective. Don’t mind being called out either. I just don’t believe it warrants calling people ******.
Well, that's probably true. I'm fired up as Hell about the travesty known as the College Football Playoff. I've already fired off an incendiary text to my good friend Dr. Phillips. Now is not the time for him to be calm and even-tempered (although I know he will be publicly-facing).

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Well, that's probably true. I'm fired up as Hell about the travesty known as the College Football Playoff. I've already fired off an incendiary text to my good friend Dr. Phillips. Now is not the time for him to be calm and even-tempered (although I know he will be publicly-facing).
The ACC needs to grow a pair and come together with a collective strong statement against this.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
When was the last time we started freshmen at 1 and 4? Seems to me it was Price and Salley and they turned the program around. George isn't the shooter Price was, but NDongo is a better scorer than Salley. Maybe the results will be similar.
Bob THWg and FDuke

Jose and Moses started 10 games together their freshman years when Lammers would have been the center. Cole started 7 games as well that year as a freshman.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
The ACC needs to grow a pair and come together with a collective strong statement against this.
Somebody hand Jim a mike, I have the script ready.

Poor Quality Monkey GIF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There were two stretches, one in each half, we couldn't get out of our own way. Passes off teammates heads, passing to teammates who moved away from the ball, fumbling the ball, etc.

I believe Duke scored 10-12 points off TOs during that stretch. If not for those stretches, this conversation just may be about how we embarrassed Duke off our own court.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched the post game interview with Kelly and Ndongo. I've never seen someone so shy as Ndngo. He clearly did not want to be there. He came across as a very likable kid. Kelly was fine of course.
BTW, who didn't play? Abram, Terry, and Gapare by my count.
Ndongo is just a freshman. He get better speaking to the media. With his game, he is going to get a lot of practice.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
No. I remember when people were disappointed that we weren’t where we needed to be while losing to teams we shouldn’t be losing to.

Of course somebody who has posted these would say that hahaha
GTFOH. This guy is an NBA coach. This guy teaches professional NBA players how to play the game successfully.

This is an institutional problem. Builda ****ing chess club. We struck gold once with the SHW, it’s obviously not sustainable. At some point you lose enough to accept the fact that you are a loser. Yeah a 10 seed is gonna happen ever 25 years but WGAF.

After nearly 30 years I just don’t know how to be positive. I mean I’ve always been properly negative and correct. Typically me being corrrct is awesome for me but god damn…..30 years to get it right….

I was. But we just lost by 40 to a team that is not very good and a coach that doesn’t run a typically potent offense.

I think some of y’all are Mind f***ing this.

Texas Tech has a new coach, a new roster and just went to Maui and emerged 5-1.

We just aren’t good. Haven’t played well in four games. Buckle up. Gonna be another long season. The good news is we’re all well seasoned in long seasons

Maybe nobody came out and explicitly said he should be fired, but it was sure as hell implied that he is not the answer at Tech, or a good college basketball coach in general.
“We aren’t good”
“Coach doesn’t run a typically potent offense.”
“Lose enough and you become a loser”
GTFOH trying to play the semantics game

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Do you realize the very first quote you posted is him defending CDS?

Also, the coach doesn't run a typically potent offense is referring to Wes Miller who is more known for his defensive coaching.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No. I remember when people were disappointed that we weren’t where we needed to be while losing to teams we shouldn’t be losing to.
LOL…Or overreacting? Tried to tell y'all to be patient, but it was always part of the process. Dont think that there won’t be more moments like it. Put me on record as saying Tuesday night in Athens scares the **** out of me. Hope we can figure out a way to get Lance healthy soon.

People need to give Ebe some love too. He has quietly been playing his tail off. With he and Ndongo in the paint, we are a bigger team. Thought he made a bunch of impact plays that didn’t go down in the box score.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Did Baye's ferocious jam off the baseline run remind anyone of Jordan Usher's similar play in the ACC Championship game against FSU? Usher's flush over the FSU big (Grey?) just finished FSU in that game. Baye's was more violent and surprising because we didn't know he could fake and put the ball on the deck and jump with such quickness. We know that it at least surprised the Duke players.
Yes. I think we all recognize that indescribable emotional reaction when you absolutely know and anticipate an Ush or an Ish dunk. For me it’s always been a jump out of my seat as soon as I see it coming and before they even elevate. The same thing happened to me yesterday, and without any real precedent, my mind and body somehow knew Ndongo was about to bring the hammer in a way that released a lot pent up frustration. It was the soul crushing type of dunk that announces “we’re here and we’re for real.”

Yesterday’s experience was so visceral that I almost created a thread to ask what others felt as soon as the sea parted and before Baye elevated. To me it felt like slow motion in the best ways possible.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
People need to give Ebe some love too. He has quietly been playing his tail off. With he and Ndongo in the paint, we are a bigger team. Thought he made a bunch of impact plays that didn’t go down in the box score.
This is an interesting call out. To me, it feels like Ebe get more burn and we can afford for him to be mostly absent on offense given what Ndongo brings to the table. If Baye can stroke it at his height (still TBD, for me at least), then we don’t have a log jam in the lane on O when we go big at the 4, and we keep better spacing with lanes for the guards and wings to drive. And the best part is we have two erasers on D with height to grab boards and hold things down.

If we get more performances like that from Baye, or even 75% of what we saw, it is a game changer. He is going to improve our chances on both ends and make other guys better.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yes. I think we all recognize that indescribable emotional reaction when you absolutely know and anticipate an Ush or an Ish dunk. For me it’s always been a jump out of my seat as soon as I see it coming and before they even elevate. The same thing happened to me yesterday, and without any real precedent, my mind and body somehow knew Ndongo was about to bring the hammer in a way that released a lot pent up frustration. It was the soul crushing type of dunk that announces “we’re here and we’re for real.”

Yesterday’s experience was so visceral that I almost created a thread to ask what others felt as soon as the sea parted and before Baye elevated. To me it felt like slow motion in the best ways possible.

I appreciate you and @MtnWasp taking us down memory lane. When Usher went up, paused, and dunk'd on every Seminole including Sam Cassell, that was an explosion of emotion none of us knew we needed.

When Baye attacked the closeout, literally waved good-Baye, spread his wings and flushed it on the baseline, I'm pretty sure it made Corch K pee a little.

Most impressive thing to me was him being able to do it without traveling or stepping outta bounds.

And he passed that Duke defender like he was literally the past. His face was priceless only to be undone by the reaction he gave after getting taken out expertly on that screen during the Nait-Baye lob play to seal it. Kid turned to the ref like ..

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Maybe nobody came out and explicitly said he should be fired, but it was sure as hell implied that he is not the answer at Tech, or a good college basketball coach in general.
“We aren’t good”
“Coach doesn’t run a typically potent offense.”
“Lose enough and you become a loser”
GTFOH trying to play the semantics game
Stop living in the past