12/15 Early Signing Day: GT

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What's the deal on Bonner?
You might already know this, so pardon me in case you do.
He had a great in-home visit on Dec. 2 with CGC and his own family members present. Has not had any other recent visits to my knowledge. The only guess I have, is a first Wednesday in February 2022 signing ceremony. Was told not to panic, because we have two of those.

So, Bobby Mooney is in February as a definite one.
Is the other one in the late period going to be Greg Delaine, Jr. and/or D. Bonner? And who are we adding from the portal, other than Zach Gibson and the two OL’s from Alabama, Clemson?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
You might already know this, so pardon me in case you do.
He had a great in-home visit on Dec. 2 with CGC and his own family members present. Has not had any other recent visits to my knowledge. The only guess I have, is a first Wednesday in February 2022 signing ceremony. Was told not to panic, because we have two of those.

So, Bobby Mooney is in February as a definite one.
Is the other one in the late period going to be Greg Delaine, Jr. and/or D. Bonner? And who are we adding from the portal, other than Zach Gibson and the two OL’s from Alabama, Clemson?
Thank you. I've been looking at other sites and this is the best information I've read.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That is what it has been from the jump. To think that NIL would be anything different than legal bagmen is just incorrect. People or companies with connection to the schools or that want a connection to people at the school (like Deion Sanders) are going to "pay" student athletes to use their "likeness". There is no definition as to what the "use" pertaining to NIL compensation has to be. We are in the wild west with this. Good luck to the NCAA getting back any kind of semblance of amateurism from this new world we are in.

I think college football is very similary to European Soccer Leagues now. We are essentially professional/semi-professional teams with no salary cap and potentially limitless NIL money to hand out to players.
Also, limitless money to hand out to coaches too.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Bobby is a definite commit. He is planning on signing Feb 2. We are sitting in our living room here in Long Beach looking at all of today’s signees. Congrats to those kids. What a great day for them and their families!
Looking forward in particular to have Bobby joining us during the next signing day! Any inside information if Bonner and or Delaine will be joining him then?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We need a good TE. That position is the perfect security blanket for a QB. I think Tyler Davis would have been solid for us if we had an actual offense in 2019. Hopefully the Syracuse guy makes an impact for us at TE and we can keep Blackburn at WR to win one-on-one battles.
I may be too optimistic but I’m actually kind of excited about the tight end from Syracuse.