11213817.jpeg

Class: Junior
Hometown: Cairo, Ga.
High School: Cairo
Height / Weight: 5-11 / 218
Position: LB
Birthdate: 01/22/1995

2014 ALL-ACC, HONORABLE MENTION (ACSMA)

2014 (Sophomore): Started 13 of 14 games ... Led defense with 119 total tackles, including 82 solo stops ... Ranked second in tackles for loss (8.5-37) and sacks (4.0-25) ... Named honorable mention All-ACC by media ... Named ACC Linebacker of the Week twice (Sept. 22 and Nov. 12) ... Tallied game-high 11 tackles - seven solo - in Tech’s 49-34 Orange Bowl win over Mississippi State (Dec. 31) ... Led defense with 11 tackles, including seven solo, vs. Florida State in the ACC Championship game (Dec. 6) ... Recorded seven tackles at Georgia (Nov. 29) ... Totaled team-high 13 tackles, including half-sack for loss of five yards, vs. Clemson (Nov. 15) ... Led defense with nine tackles, including half TFL, at NC State (Nov. 8) ... Recorded five solo tackles, including sack for loss of 10 yards, and forced fumble vs. Virginia (Nov. 1) ... Tallied six tackles, including three for loss of 10 yards and one sack, forced two fumbles and had one quarterback hurry at Pitt (Oct. 25) ... Had career-high and team-best 14 tackles, including 11 solo and half-sack for loss of one yard, at North Carolina (Oct. 18) ... Recorded eight tackles, including six solo and one tackle for loss of one yard, vs. Duke (Oct. 11) ... Registered nine tackles, which included one sack for loss of six yards, vs. Miami (Oct. 4) ... Named ACC Linebacker of the Week after returning career-first interception for touchdown (41 yards) and recording nine tackles at Virginia Tech (Sept. 20) ... Recorded seven tackles vs. Georgia Southern (Sept. 13) ... Tallied five solo tackles, leading defense, at Tulane (Sept. 6) ... Recorded five solo tackles in season opener against Wofford (Aug. 30).

2013 (True Freshman): Played in all 13 games and made one start ... Ranked eighth on team, first among non-starters, with 41 tackles ... Had 35 solo tackles, 5.0 tackles for loss, 1.0 sacks and one fumble recovery ... Had six tackles, four solo tackles and tackle for loss in collegiate debut vs. Elon (Aug. 31) ... Made first career start vs. Virginia Tech (Sept. 26) and responded with four tackles, three solo tackles and career-high 2.0 tackles for loss ... Recovered fumble at Miami (Oct. 5) ... Registered six tackles, all of them solos, and had tackle for loss at Clemson (Nov. 14) ... Recorded five solo tackles and first career sack vs. Alabama A&M (Nov. 23).

High School: Rushed for more than 1,000 yards and had more than 100 tackles in 2012 as senior ... Played four seasons of football, including two as team captain ... Also played baseball and basketball ... Helped lead Cairo to regional championships in 2010, 2011 and 2012 ... Was Region Player of the Year ... Named all-state and was three-time all-region selection ... Holds school record for single-season tackles (138).

Personal: Full name is Paul Davis Jr. ... Likes to be called “PJ”... Parents are Paul Sr. and Yolanda Davis ... Born Jan. 22, 1995, in Cairo, Ga. ... Has three siblings – Dominique, Diamond, and Booker ... Related to NFL player Benny Sapp ... Chose Georgia Tech because of academics, proximity to hometown, and coaching staff ... Majoring in business administration.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
He was a last minute offer, too.
One of the best last-minute, fill-in offers we've ever made.

I remember sitting there at the National Signing Day ceremony when PJ was introduced. I believe it was coach Andy "Big Country" McCollum who had recruited him. So, he introduced the commitment. Among the things I remember him saying were:
* "I was going across south Georgia looking at some players we had on our list. But it seemed like every school I went to, the coach would ask if I had seen the Davis kid out of Cairo. They'd say, 'We played them this year and he tore us up.' Finally, I took a look at his film after I heard that enough."

* "I don't know how to describe him other than he's like a little Tazmanian Devil."

* "I believe we got a good one. And, when PJ Davis' time is up here at Georgia Tech, people are going to remember his name for a long time."

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One of the best last-minute, fill-in offers we've ever made.

I remember sitting there at the National Signing Day ceremony when PJ was introduced. I believe it was coach Andy "Big Country" McCollum who had recruited him. So, he introduced the commitment. Among the things I remember him saying were:
* "I was going across south Georgia looking at some players we had on our list. But it seemed like every school I went to, the coach would ask if I had seen the Davis kid out of Cairo. They'd say, 'We played them this year and he tore us up.' Finally, I took a look at his film after I heard that enough."

* "I don't know how to describe him other than he's like a little Tazmanian Devil."

* "I believe we got a good one. And, when PJ Davis' time is up here at Georgia Tech, people are going to remember his name for a long time."
Yes, I remember he was a last minute offer with no stars. I saw his film and I was sold. He's a ball player.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ryan Braswell
11213475.jpeg

Class: RS Sophomore
Hometown: Atlanta, Ga.
High School: St. Pius X Catholic
Height / Weight: 5-11 / 211
Position: BB
Birthdate: 12/03/1994

2014 (Redshirt Freshman): Did not play ... 2014-15 ACC Honor Roll.
2013 (True Freshman): Did not play, redshirted ... 2013-14 ACC Honor Roll.
High School: St. Pius X Catholic HS, 2013 ... Played four seasons of football and served one year as team captain ... Played for coach Paul Standard ... Played running back and linebacker ... Helped team to state championship game as senior in 2012 ... St. Pius won regional titles in 2009, 2011, and 2012 ... Named first-team all-state ... Named GACA Offensive Player of the Year ... Named all-county and all-region ... Played in DeKallb County All-Star Game ... Broke school record for single-season rushing with 1,605 yards in 2012 ... Scored school-record 30 touchdowns as senior ... Rushed for school-record 283 yards in one game on Oct. 19, 2012 ... Also played four seasons of baseball ... Honor roll student who made Principal’s List every semester of high school.
Personal: Full name is Michael Ryan Braswell ... Parents are Mike and Kathleen ... Born Dec. 3, 1994, in Atlanta ... Has three siblings – Chris, Scott and Jack ... father, Mike, graduated from Georgia Tech in 1987... Chose Georgia Tech because of academic reputation, great legacy of football, and proximity to home ... Enjoys fishing ... Began playing football at age 6 ... Majoring in business administration.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Curry
11198631.jpeg

Class: Freshman
Hometown: Buford, Ga.
High School: Buford
Height / Weight: 6-2 / 207
Position: LB
High School: Three-year letterwinner in football for head coach Jess Simpson … Team captain as senior while leading Buford to three straight state titles … Buford was 58-2 in four years … 2014 all-county, all-state first team selection and region defensive player of the year … Also played receiver, punter and punt returner … Led Buford with 75 tackles along nine pass break-ups, two interceptions and two punt returns for touchdown as senior … Member of Buford HS state championship team with twin sons of Tech defensive coordinator Ted Roof … Lettered three years in track for head coach David Snell … Team captain all three years … Was 2013 Georgia state pole vault champion.
Personal: Full name is David Joshua Curry … Born Oct. 29, 1995, in Durham, N.C. … Son of Buddy and Dawn Curry … Has two older brothers, Justin and Jessel, and one younger sister, Gabby … Dad was two-time All-Pro linebacker for Atlanta Falcons and 1980 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year … Brother Justin was drafted by Cincinnati Reds out of high school … Brother Jessel played football at Auburn in 2009-11 and Delaware in 2011-14 … Plans to major in business.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Roberto Hinojosa
11213879.jpeg

Class: RS Senior
Hometown: Suwanee, Ga.
High School: North Gwinnett
Last College: North Florida
Height / Weight: 5-10 / 179
Position: AB
Birthdate: 04/10/1993
Former soccer player at North Florida who joined Yellow Jackets football program in spring 2014 ... Moved to A-Back in spring 2015.
2014 (Redshirt Junior): Walked on to team as kicker ... Did not play ... Member of scout team.
Before Georgia Tech: Following graduation from high school, Hinojosa enrolled at North Florida and was part-time starter on soccer team ... After one semester, transferred to Georgia College & State University, but did not participate in athletics ... Took spring semester off in 2013 to recover from injuries and surgery ... Was accepted and enrolled at Georgia Tech in summer of 2013 ... Tried out for football team early in 2014.
High School: North Gwinnett High School, 2011 ... Played three years of soccer under coaches Erik Crawford and Michael Wentzler ... Named team MVP as sophomore and senior ... Earned all-county honors and was scholar-athlete ... Participated in inaugural Region 7 all-star game.
Personal: Kicked football for first time in summer of 2012 ... Received training from former Yellow Jackets kicker Scott Blair before trying out for team ... Born April 10, 1993, in Monterrey, Mexico ... Parents are Roberto Sr. and Paty ... Has two sisters – Carla and Paola ... Uncle, Armando Hinojosa, played golf at Lamar University ... Has endured multiple surgeries on both legs ... Majoring in industrial engineering.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dorian Walker
11199242.jpeg

Hometown: Kennesaw, Ga.
High School: Mt. Paran Christian School
Height / Weight: 6-0 / 175
Position: WR/DB
High School: Rushed for 2,262 yards and 34 touchdowns to help Mt. Paran Christian win first state title for Cobb County school in 40+ years … Ran for 215 yards and three scores in Class A private school state title game at Georgia Dome … Named MVP of 2014 state championship game … 2014 Marietta Daily Journal Offensive Player of the Year … First-team all-state and all-county as senior … 2014 Georgia Class A and Region 6-1A Offensive Player of the Year … Dad studied engineering at Georgia Tech

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Mikell Lands-Davis
11199206.jpeg

Hometown: Douglasville, Ga.
High School: Alexander
Height / Weight: 5-11 / 205
Position: BB

High School: Lettered one year for head coach Reginald Burnett at Mount Vernon Presbyterian School as slot receiver and middle linebacker … Lettered three years for head coach Matt Combs at Alexander High School as running back and safety … Was two-year captain at Alexander HS … Also lettered four years in basketball … Four-year starter for basketball team … Ran one season at track at both Mount Vernon and Alexander … Led Mount Vernon to 2011 state basketball title … Was 2014 first-team All-Region selection on defense and 2013 first-team selection as running back … 2013 Douglas County Player of the Year and first-team All-State at running back … Rushed for 607 yards and added 56 tackles as senior … Rushed for Douglas County-record 2,374 yards and 28 touchdowns as junior … Accounted for 1,952 all-purpose yards (971 rushing, 251 receiving) as sophomore … Reeled in 970 receiving yards as freshman … Finished high school career with 4,286 rushing yards, 1,871 receiving yards, 1,702 return yards and 7,999 all-purpose yards … Amassed 65 career touchdowns.

Personal: Full name is Mikell Charles Lands-Davis … Born April 13, 1997, in Berkeley, Calif. … Son of Kelli Lands … Plans to major in business with minor in sports management.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Omahri Jarrett
11199214.jpeg

Hometown: Douglasville, Ga.
High School: New Manchester
Height / Weight: 5-10 / 168
Position: AB

High School: Four-year varsity starter on football team … Team captain … Team MVP in 2013 … Participated in 2014 Nike Sparq Combine in Charlotte and 2014 Nike Football Training Camp … 2014 Howard Thompson Trophy by Douglas County School System – given annually to senior football player that represents best in academics, athletics and character … All-County in 2013 and 2014 … All-Region performer in 2014 … Rushed for 525 yards with three touchdowns as senior … Also had two TD receptions … Returned four punts for touchdowns … Accumulated more than 1,000 all-purpose yards … Helped New Manchester win six games and make state playoffs for first time in four-year history of program … Finished career with 2,078 rushing yards and 27 total touchdowns … Member of Beta Club and Project Manhood – organization that helps needy in Douglas County … Played baseball and track, participating in 100m and 200m and long jump … Plans to major in either computer engineering or computer science.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler Teknipp
11214887.jpeg

Class: RS Junior
Hometown: McDonough, Ga.
High School: Eagle's Landing
Height / Weight: 5-10 / 190
Position: DB
Birthdate: 01/24/1994

2014 (Redshirt Sophomore): Played in one game ... Saw action at Virginia Tech (Sept. 20) ... Did not record any stats.
2013 (Redshirt Freshman): Saw action in two games – vs. Elon (Aug. 31) and Alabama A&M (Nov. 23) ... Recorded first career tackle vs. Alabama A&M.
2012 (True Freshman): Redshirted, did not play.
High School: Eagle’s Landing HS ... Was first team all-region (4-AAA) pick as punter in 2010 and 2011 and was second-eam all-region selection as quarterback in 2011 ... Holds school’s career record for passing yards (3,650) and set single-season record for passing yards (1,542) in 2011.
Personal: Full name is Tyler Joseph Teknipp ... Son of Joe and Jen Teknipp ... Born Jan. 24, 1994, in Euclid, Ohio ... Has one sister, Caitlin ... Father played football at Kent State (1987-89) and mother was cheerleader there (1988-89) ... Grandfather, Ty Anderson, played hockey at Boston College ... Great grandfather, Osborne “Ty” Anderson, played hockey for Team USA in 1932 Olympics and won silver medal ... Wore #19 in high school because of love for Cleveland Browns and Bernie Kosar.