1/28/2018 - Clemson @ GT

GT_EE78

Banned
Yes get the young uns experience at this point. Especially as we move to some of the games against teams in the bottom half of the league (with us).
Will be ugly at times and you still have to try to put them in situations they can be successful - as opposed to simply letting them get hammered. That balance is going to be hard to do.

Subbing Cole or Wright for Lammers gets them experience for next year but also let's AD see what playing the 5 on D will be like.

I don't see Cole or Wright getting major minutes but let's get them some now.

oops, looks like "with us" now means bottom third instead of bottom half. but there's six teams only one better in the loss column so this can still change for the better. Sure hope Wake doesn't go on a hot streak! Transfers didn't help us much but they sure saved Brownell's job

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On CGB, it has been mentioned elsewhere that he has been seen limping into practice. I think it is largely a combination of not really being healthy and being a FR.

I didn't feel like we worked hard to get rebounds at time.

Some of those 3's still give me nightmare's.

I actually thought Jose had a pretty good game (and it had nothing to do with meeting his mom before the game). He was in control for the most part, didn't make alot of silly mistakes. Pushed but came back out when things weren't there.

I like the belief thought and think there is a little to that. They need something positive to happen.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
On CGB, it has been mentioned elsewhere that he has been seen limping into practice. I think it is largely a combination of not really being healthy and being a FR.

I actually thought Jose had a pretty good game (and it had nothing to do with meeting his mom before the game). He was in control for the most part, didn't make alot of silly mistakes. Pushed but came back out when things weren't there.

I like the belief thought and think there is a little to that. They need something positive to happen.
Where did you all get the initials CGB from ? Just curious

Deleted member 2897

Still sadly sitting on my 6-12 ACC Prediction. At 3-1 going 3-11 seemed less likely, but this is the ACC. Yesterday the women’s team took 30+ more shots than Virginia, but lost. (Virginia had 26 turnovers!!!) Crazy things can happen in basketball.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see game but saw stats.
A tough game to lose at home.The 2 things that the stats showed that seemed the biggest difference in a 2 pt game.--they had FIVE more OFf rebs than us and 4 less TOs.More shots more points usually.
Odd that our 2 SRs are not as big an asset as last yr.Very odd.It really showed in this game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see game but saw stats.
A tough game to lose at home.The 2 things that the stats showed that seemed the biggest difference in a 2 pt game.--they had FIVE more OFf rebs than us and 4 less TOs.More shots more points usually.
Odd that our 2 SRs are not as big an asset as last yr.Very odd.It really showed in this game.

Last night was a game that can not be defined by the box score

-Okogies greatness, even in defeat
-Gueyes development
-Gabe Devoes stepping up
-Pastners coaching blunder in crunch time
-Shelton Mitchell playing out of his mind

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
BTW, in case anybody couldn't watch the game last night and you are reading all this about 'they couldn't miss' or 'they hit some of the most stupid shots', here are 7 of their 3 pointers, just in the first half. You'll note some of them without exaggeration are 5-7 feet behind the arc. And again, this is in normal pace of play where they just choose to take these stupid shots from half court, it wasn't like a last second shot clock desperation heave or anything.

#3, this one might be the most stupid:

#4, this one wasn't weird at all...other than the fact they were now 4-4 from 3 point land and still hadn't made a regular 2 point basket yet.

#5. Another one five feet beyond the arc. Still nothing but 3s. :)

#6, LOL.

#7. Sigh. Way downtown again. And we fouled him for a 4 point play, because you know, you have to play tight defense when someone is shooting from 40 feet away.

That's just the first half.

These were what I term ‘Steph Curry Supernatural Sold His Soul to the Devil 3-pointers’. Lol, clearly these guys had dabbled in the occult before the game ‘cause there’s just no other way mere mortals make these shots.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck

I do like the urgency that Jose plays with, but there was a moment last night, and it wasn't the first time it's happened this year, where he pushed too deep into the defense, got stuck, and had to call an unnecessary time out because he lost control (although Pastner probably wouldn't have used the time outs at the end of the game anyway). I'm all for putting pressure on the defense, but as a team with so little margin for error, we need to be smart and calculated when we do it. I realize he's a freshman and that's a challenge for a lot of upperclass guards, but the reality is that he's playing 35+ min a game, and we need him to play older than his year if we want to win.