1/24/2018 - GT @ FSU

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Okogie has got to start playing better defense. Guys are driving right by him.

True but the tight-arse whistle doesn't help. Where's the gentleman that keeps telling me the way the refs decide to blow the whistle doesn't matter?

Also, I got a prize for anyone that can name one thing that didn't go wrong in that final stretch of the 1st half.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
True but the tight-arse whistle doesn't help. Where's the gentleman that keeps telling me the way the refs decide to blow the whistle doesn't matter?

Also, I got a prize for anyone that can name one thing that didn't go wrong in that final stretch of the 1st half.
Okogie hit a 3. Where's my prize?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Jax didn’t turn it over

But mostly because Jose was too busy doing it

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

No injuries!

Other than that, as bad as it could have gone.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
This game shows the importance of building depth. Unless you have lethal weapon 3 a 7 man rotation ins't going to get it done. You need depth. Otherwise you're up **** creek when you get into a game like this and are forced to play guys with no experience.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree the foul calls are out of control. Lack of depth is really hurting us this year. Seems like we are in every game until we have to start going to our bench. When we get into foul trouble it’s game over.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I just don't get the offense. They play a slow tempo yet cannot shoot from distance. Tadric and Okogie were born to play in an uptempo offense (as well as hang out at a pool in Arizona).

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Agree the foul calls are out of control. Lack of depth is really hurting us this year. Seems like we are in every game until we have to start going to our bench. When we get into foul trouble it’s game over.

Desperately need to start getting top 100 recruits on the roster. Can't have a roster full of projects and expect to make the tournament

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I just don't get the offense. They play a slow tempo yet cannot shoot from distance. Tadric and Okogie were born to play in an uptempo offense (as well as hang out at a pool in Arizona).
Yes they are, but who else is? We don't have the depth to play uptempo which is why we try to slow the game down.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'm confused. MJ Walker, the next LeBron, has 4 fouls. Koumadje has 4 also. Free Shoes U has 16 as a team. For us, CGB & AD have 4 and the team has 17. Somehow this is further proof that the refs are part of a draconian conspiracy against us?

ETA: With 5 minutes left, we've taken 24 FTs to their 22.

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

We play slow because of a lack of depth even though Tadric and Okogie, and Jose for that matter, would be better off running it. That being said, what is really baffling is that we don't shoot 3s well but we try to go to a small ball lineup so often.