1/24/2018 - GT @ FSU

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Line is +10.5

At first glance, that seems high, but I’m not sure what to expect tonight. One thing is certain,we will need a breakout game from Josh or Ben to come out with a W tonight.

Deleted member 2897

We haven’t played well on the road.

Even our win at Pitt was Pitts smallest margin loss of the year in the ACC. I think that line is probably fair. Keep turnovers to about 12, make 70% of free throws, and we’ll have a chance.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We haven’t played well on the road.

Even our win at Pitt was Pitts smallest margin loss of the year in the ACC. I think that line is probably fair. Keep turnovers to about 12, make 70% of free throws, and we’ll have a chance.

We beat Pitt by 15. Miami, VT, and Cuse all beat pitt by 14.

MJ Walker is going to be a big problem. If they figure it out and run their offense through MJ, they could go on a Danny Manning type run or that Glenn Rice run. He is that good.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Tallahassee is underrated in basketball as far as difficulty goes and they just played a really good game against VT.

I don't like our chances here

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I see the line is down to 9.5 in most places plus an over/under of 139.5. So a 75 to 65 kind of game. Given we have had time to get our legs back under us that seems high for the over / under unless we just don't get back on D and they get a lot of easy baskets. And if we do keep them from getting easy baskets and can at least be somewhat legit on defending the 3 and rebound then I think the 9.5 spread seems high. Not ready to guarantee a victory but expect it to be closer - even in Tallahassee

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Over / under at 139.5 seems like easy money to me. Free Shoes U puts up 80+ almost every game. Their games have been 140+ every time out this year except Fordham (110), Tulane (125) & Charleston Southern (127)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So he doesn’t expect us to hold up our part of the over?

It’s purely mathematical/logarithm based predictions but I have found them to be pretty accurate.

You can select GT and them home or away and it gives you projections against all D1 teams

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
CPast has really been talking up our 3pt D in ACC play. If we come through there again this evening, than who knows?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Depressing chances tonight. Realize that FSU not only has good BB Team, is pre-season top 10 in baseball and usually has a Top 20 football team. Hope we beat them in baseball this year!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hey, not cool guys. No one told me LeBron Jordan played for FSU wearing #14.

Oh, he's not Lebron Jordan? Well, why TF are we making him look like it?

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Refs are calling it super tight. Gueye picked up 3 fouls in the first half. Alverado, Okogie, and Lammers with 2. Evan Cole is getting playing time.