1/13 - MBB vs. Duke

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Bummed about the loss but extremely pleased with the effort -- really great game (outside of two short lapses in the 2nd half in a tough environment) and adjustments/gameplan by the Jackets tonight. Nait George whipping out the cojones of Jose Alvarado. The narrative from Duke fans will basically be that Duke had a ****ty game but make no mistake about it - this GT team can beat anybody in the country. We've got a team.

slugboy

Staff member
Bummed about the loss but extremely pleased with the effort -- really great game (outside of two short lapses in the 2nd half in a tough environment) and adjustments/gameplan by the Jackets tonight. Nait George whipping out the cojones of Jose Alvarado. The narrative from Duke fans will basically be that Duke had a ****ty game but make no mistake about it - this GT team can beat anybody in the country. We've got a team.
There was a part of the game where the color commentator explained and diagrammed one of our plays. There is a plan—it’s not “hero ball”

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We played pretty well. Didn’t like George chucking that three at the end, but it would have been great if he made it of course. Felt like some serious home cooking from the refs. Strange calls at times that just subtly put Duke in a good position or killed momentum - felt intentional because they happened in 50/50 situations.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Fun game to watch!

I love watching George play. He’s a baller. Truly understands the PG position. He could really blossom with CDS coaching him.

Kelly looked great on the floater tonight.

If the core of this team comes back with the new additions, we’re going to be really good next year.

Do we just match up well with Duke or what because that GT team tonight would beat BC and ND by 10+ easily?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
A loss is a loss is a loss. At least this year.
All we can hope for is player development and recruitment of more top players.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
This team can amaze at times. I think they have a collective subconscious that has them play up to or down to the level of their competition. They play below their ability in some games and above their abilities in others, tonite being the best example of that. They sure didn’t show up at Duke thinking like we fans did before the game. CDS talks about this team always playing hard, but he is also coaching physical and mental toughness, which he wants to see more of. I think we all saw that tonite, even CDS.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Nothing to be down about in this game really.dook is a good team and we played them well AWAY. Yes, I think we do match up with them well for on paper this result would beat a lot of teams.
Fairly hard to believe that George and Ndongo are true FR. With Kelly coming around- a lot oppty for rest of yr..

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Excellent game for our Jackets. Except for a few critical unforced turnovers, we could have won. The disparity in 1st half fouls was ridiculous. Even tho a loss, the team played great. Good job young men. Gepare was effective today. Our 2 FR are all conference types. CDS will build this program back to excellence. Fun team to watch.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Fairly hard to believe that George and Ndongo are true FR. With Kelly coming around- a lot oppty for rest of yr..
Ndongo is a 21 year old true freshman. He’s still a freshman, but look…there’s a reason that guy looks so polished…he’s physically more like a Jr/Sr. If he sticks around he could be incredible. But I could easily see that guy leaving. George is super impressive for his age.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
We played pretty well. Didn’t like George chucking that three at the end, but it would have been great if he made it of course. Felt like some serious home cooking from the refs. Strange calls at times that just subtly put Duke in a good position or killed momentum - felt intentional because they happened in 50/50 situations.
I kind of agree on Nait’s last three… I thought we probably could’ve gotten a better look… But he had his feet set and a wide open look at the basket and with the way he had been playing, I won’t complain. If he goes to the basket, he probably doesn’t get the call! :D

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I kind of agree on Nait’s last three… I thought we probably could’ve gotten a better look… But he had his feet set and a wide open look at the basket and with the way he had been playing, I won’t complain. If he goes to the basket, he probably doesn’t get the call! :D
Good grief! How in the world can anyone complain arter his game today. Wow!