1/13 - MBB vs. Duke

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹

Break out your broomsticks, best crockpot winter chili recipe, and the beer for 9 straight hours of ACC hoops tomorrow. Tip against Duke at 5pm on ACC Network. Will share AJC and RamblinWreck.com news as it arrives today.

Other PSA -- game against the Hoos next Saturday is nearly sold out so snag your tickets from RamblinWreck.com ASAP if you're hoping to attend.

Last edited:

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
🧹🧹🧹🧹🧹

Break out your broomsticks, best crockpot winter chili recipe, and the beer for 9 straight hours of ACC hoops tomorrow. Tip against Duke at 5pm on ACC Network. Will share AJC and RamblinWreck.com news as it arrives today.
I'm emotionally prepared for them to kick our a$$. Revenge, home court. Hope we can compete and show some inprovement in several areas.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm emotionally prepared for them to kick our a$$. Revenge, home court. Hope we can compete and show some inprovement in several areas.
They'll have Tyrese Proctor for this one too. He was injured in the opening minutes of our first game.

I suspect they'll have a better plan for Double Double Ndongo this game given the dominance Nait-Baye had on the PnR last time out.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I expect we will see them have a better plan to handle the high ball screen and keep Nait out of the paint. We need to have a wrinkle or two ourselves.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Might be a good game to record and view later. I am visiting kids in Apex, NC. Their next door neighbor is Duke’s mens BB head trainer. Expect som serious effort from Duke.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This game looks lost already. No way Duke loses twice to a struggling team. Don’t mean to be a bad fan but I was counting on winning the last two game to kind of cushion the blow of this one. Our momentum is headed the wrong way and this one isn’t going to help.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
This game looks lost already. No way Duke loses twice to a struggling team. Don’t mean to be a bad fan but I was counting on winning the last two game to kind of cushion the blow of this one. Our momentum is headed the wrong way and this one isn’t going to help.
A Nait George Freshman game is almost certainly incoming, but he and the team will be better off for the wear and tear. They've looked uncomposed in "faux hostile" environments this season - now they are walking into the most hostile venue in the country. They will learn from it and tomorrow will pay dividends for the remainder of the season (and future seasons). I think CDS has it right when he says they need to survive the first 4-5 minutes butterflies - just survive and advance, TV timeout to TV timeout tomorrow. Minimize live ball turnovers, no big runs. Sadly it isn't going to be any easier next Tuesday - Littlejohn Coliseum has had our number for years and it's more intense in there than ever w/ Clemson's success this season.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
If the team and coaching staff has the same outlook as we fans (and the “we” admittedly includes myself), they might as well stay home and just default. But I imagine they will not just show up, but play hard and come away from the game, win or lose, better players and a better team for it. People can say whatever they want about this team, but they are not quitters. Those who return for 2024-25 will also have gained valuable experience from this one. The kind they can never get in practice. Can’t face much bigger adversity then a Saturday evening away game at Duke. Let’s all promise when posting remarks following this game, that we will include something or somethings positive.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If the team and coaching staff has the same outlook as we fans (and the “we” admittedly includes myself), they might as well stay home and just default. But I imagine they will not just show up, but play hard and come away from the game, win or lose, better players and a better team for it. People can say whatever they want about this team, but they are not quitters. Those who return for 2024-25 will also have gained valuable experience from this one. The kind they can never get in practice. Can’t face much bigger adversity then a Saturday evening away game at Duke. Let’s all promise when posting remarks following this game, that we will include something or somethings positive.
Absolutely. Regardless of the results tomorrow, I feel good about the future. And, as you and the previous poster have observed, this will be a valuable experience and learning environment. These players have to toughen up sooner or later and this baptism of fire may speed the process.

Not expecting a win. 😊

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Take the points. This game will be a lot closer than everyone expects unless they call a couple of cheap early fouls on Ndongo. We may not win, but we're going to have our shot. dook is beatable this year on any given day.