1/13/2018 - GT @ Pitt

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It can't be said enough, Reveno truly is a big whisperer. Q, Lammers, and AD, all impressive.

This. Reveno gets his kudos on here, but I'm not sure we give him enough. I've been REALLY impressed with the development of our bigs since Reveno has been at GT.

I think this staff overall has done some wonderful things with our guys. I'm not sure I've seen this kind of development with our roster from top to bottom since...?

Really enjoyable to see our team grow as a unit, and as individuals.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think officials have "mercy rules" they employ, nor do I think they favor a specific team. They do their job and try to call the game as they see it. That said, they are human and if one team has 10 fouls and the other has none, they will start to wonder if they're calling it fairly. I think fans of every school feel like their guys never get a call and everything goes against them. It's the nature of the beast

With that said, there are definitely good refs and not so good refs in the ACC these days. TV Ted gets a lot of press (deservedly) but he is atrocious in end game situations. He just loves to make the controversial call and get air time. Les Jones is another train wreck; he's just awful. Brian Dorsey sucks. Jamie Luckie takes a ton of heat (including from me) but he's pretty good at managing the game. Roger Ayers, Mike Eades and Jerry Heater are all really good. We lost one of the best when Bryan Kersey moved to the front office.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
On the matter of Haywood looking uninspired, I suspect Haywood will be ok. While he sometimes may have LOOKED uninspired against Pitt, I think it’s because he is still somewhat lost on defense although I did see him cause one turnover against Pitt. His jumper is not falling yet, but I’m convinced it’s just a matter of time and confidence. Other than his lack of FGM against Pitt, his other stats, I thought were impressive in 17 minutes including 4 rebounds and 3 assists. I doubt he would have gotten 17 minutes if Pastner thought he was dogging it. The jumper will begin falling at a good percentage pretty soon.

I agree. I only say that because I thought he was limping quite a bit in the previous game as well. Not sure if he is hesitant or still ailing

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
This. Reveno gets his kudos on here, but I'm not sure we give him enough. I've been REALLY impressed with the development of our bigs since Reveno has been at GT.

I think this staff overall has done some wonderful things with our guys. I'm not sure I've seen this kind of development with our roster from top to bottom since...?

Really enjoyable to see our team grow as a unit, and as individuals.
Absolutely Coach Raveno gets great kudos. Ben is no gazelle but over the offseason he, and I presume, Raveno have really worked on Ben’s footwork and moves in the low post with positive effect. Definitely not a slacker last year at all , Ben’s footwork has REALLY improved and the same thing for AD. I am anxious to see how AD continues to develop under Raveno’s tutelage. I think he can be a real X-factor for the rest of ‘18 and possibly a beast in ‘19 after Ben has graduated.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Absolutely Coach Raveno gets great kudos. Ben is no gazelle but over the offseason he, and I presume, Raveno have really worked on Ben’s footwork and moves in the low post with positive effect. Definitely not a slacker last year at all , Ben’s footwork has REALLY improved and the same thing for AD. I am anxious to see how AD continues to develop under Raveno’s tutelage. I think he can be a real X-factor for the rest of ‘18 and possibly a beast in ‘19 after Ben has graduated.

Not meant as a slight to Ben, but if you ask me, AD might have better footwork on the block than him now.

Ben's fadeaway is often off of the wrong foot, and how many times have you seen Ben use the baby hook or up and under like AD?

AD had a couple of post-moves in the Pitt game that had been wanting to go to back to him. The spin move, shot-fake, for the dunk was beautiful.

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
Not meant as a slight to Ben, but if you ask me, AD might have better footwork on the block than him now.

Ben's fadeaway is often off of the wrong foot, and how many times have you seen Ben use the baby hook or up and under like AD?

AD had a couple of post-moves in the Pitt game that had been wanting to go to back to him. The spin move, shot-fake, for the dunk was beautiful.
All true, methinks. I was just pointing out that both Ben and D have much better footwork this year than last. And yeah, I have noticed Ben’s fadeaway is off the wrong foot. I just think he moves his feet much better this year than last. It doesn’t show necessarily in his individual stats YET but I think it will if he keeps at it. I’m REALLY impressed with AD’s progress and I am cautiously optimistic that next season, he will be a more than adequate replacement for Lammers.

Hoping all we need from post next year is good defense, rebounding, and minimal scoring. We should be a much better premier team next year.

slugboy

Staff member
All true, methinks. I was just pointing out that both Ben and D have much better footwork this year than last. And yeah, I have noticed Ben’s fadeaway is off the wrong foot. I just think he moves his feet much better this year than last. It doesn’t show necessarily in his individual stats YET but I think it will if he keeps at it. I’m REALLY impressed with AD’s progress and I am cautiously optimistic that next season, he will be a more than adequate replacement for Lammers.

Lammers has been gimpy for about a month on a bad ankle. Think he might be due a little leeway on his footwork

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lammers has been gimpy for about a month on a bad ankle. Think he might be due a little leeway on his footwork

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cmon dude, his ankle is fine. How long is the board going to refer to his ankle injury? Yes, it was a hurdle, but it's not still affecting his game, and I'm sure he would tell you that.

He's been full speed for more than two weeks (according to CJP). It's not his ankle, go back to last year when he exceeded everyone's expectations, and the same was true then. The fact is that Ben has never been your prototypical big man with a low post game.

That's fine, he's still a great player for us and a huge part of our team.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Cmon dude, his ankle is fine. How long is the board going to refer to his ankle injury? Yes, it was a hurdle, but it's not still affecting his game, and I'm sure he would tell you that.

He's been full speed for more than two weeks (according to CJP). It's not his ankle, go back to last year when he exceeded everyone's expectations, and the same was true then. The fact is that Ben has never been your prototypical big man with a low post game.

That's fine, he's still a great player for us and a huge part of our team.
Lammers has been practicing for about a week now. He wasn't even coming out for the shoot-around until the ND game. That said, he should be pretty close to 100% now, and if you look at his last several games, it shows.