1/13/2018 - GT @ Pitt

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty interesting with CJP talking about trying to use timeouts more to keep guys rested than specifically the flow of the game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Wish KenPom would only look at postChristmas games, can't do that, got to look at all games, but we're a different team postChristmas (repeat 3x)

-CJP

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Wish KenPom would only look at postChristmas games, can't do that, got to look at all games, but we're a different team postChristmas (repeat 3x)

-CJP
I think I heard that before somewhere...not sure, thinking just maybe I've heard it...now where was that I heard it before?

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Definitely a game we need to win. I don’t know that we have any shot at the tournament, but regardless we need to win a game on the road against a bad team.

after our recent start havent many on this board called us a 'bad' team? my...how a 3 win win streak changes things. heh.

i think one of the announcers said that this is pastner's first 3 game win streak at tech which happened not too long after cpj had the first 3 loss streak of his career. 4-0 sounds great to me. that would put us in 2nd place in the conference. woooo hooooo.

good day for watching sports. jackets at 2 and the falcons right after.

go jackets.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I recall him calling it to bench Alston.
I think he calls the TO's both for things happening in the game but also to maximize breaks in the game.

I've been frustrated a few times because he didn't call timeout when we were obviously on our heels, but I bet it was a timing thing where he was hoping to make it to a certain point so it wouldn't be a media timeout as well.

I can see that being a hard decision - stop the bleeding or maximize rest.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think he calls the TO's both for things happening in the game but also to maximize breaks in the game.

I've been frustrated a few times because he didn't call timeout when we were obviously on our heels, but I bet it was a timing thing where he was hoping to make it to a certain point so it wouldn't be a media timeout as well.

I can see that being a hard decision - stop the bleeding or maximize rest.

I agree. I was only speaking of that specific instance.

PearidgeRambler

Georgia Tech Fan
Must win for the white & gold today. Looking forward to continued team growth. This group, since last year, has been a treat to root for. Up's and down's for sure, but competitive. This year has the potential to be a wrecking ball for other acc teams. I'll drink to that....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
after our recent start havent many on this board called us a 'bad' team? my...how a 3 win win streak changes things. heh.

i think one of the announcers said that this is pastner's first 3 game win streak at tech which happened not too long after cpj had the first 3 loss streak of his career. 4-0 sounds great to me. that would put us in 2nd place in the conference. woooo hooooo.

good day for watching sports. jackets at 2 and the falcons right after.

go jackets.

We were a "bad" team. That was before Christmas. We're a better team after Christmas. (repeat 3x)