“What’ll ya have?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Me too. Living in Towers dorm, it was great to have those at my disposal.

When were you in Towers? I was there 81/82, 82/83, 83/84 and 84/85. An RA (counselor) and Hall Director befor moving over to Brown/Harris for the 85/86 school year as the Hall Director.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My dad used to take me to the Varsity and the Varsity Jr. Seeing those 25 inch color TV's was awesome! " Two Chili dogs, rings and a large PC".

Varsity ad on jumbo tron at bds should be near free.
QUICK VIDEO - COUPLE GT PLAYERS STUFFING DOWN DOG chili THEN some kids say " GT football and Varsity go together" .

The Varsity is known nationally.
No other school can co brand with them like we can.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Last time I was at the Varsity I was with my son's boy scout troop. I asked the lady if each of the boys could have a hat and she gave me a box of 100. I still have about 60 hats in the back seat of my car, lol.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
3 slaw dogs, and a coke. I take an onion ring or 2 from my fiancee haha. Then if I'm up for it, a FO to go. Always, always put the cayenne on the slaw dog. Not too much, not too little.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
We have ZERO equivalent to The Varsity up here. Tech is superior to Minnesota in this regard.

Same goes for the Waffle House and Huddle House...nothing similar.

True story. Took the eventual Mrs. Billd to The Varsity in Athens on our first date. Told her she could have whatever she wanted. She ordered a tuna salad sandwich. Took them about 20 minutes to fix. Pretty sure they had to find the only can of tuna in the storeroom. Almost did not ask her out again over this. Obviously got past it.

BTW, don't light a match around the onion rings...

slugboy

Staff member
Two slaw dogs, and fries.

I don't know how people can have more than one onion ring or more than two hot dogs. That amazes me.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We have ZERO equivalent to The Varsity up here. Tech is superior to Minnesota in this regard.

Same goes for the Waffle House and Huddle House...nothing similar.

True story. Took the eventual Mrs. Billd to The Varsity in Athens on our first date. Told her she could have whatever she wanted. She ordered a tuna salad sandwich. Took them about 20 minutes to fix. Pretty sure they had to find the only can of tuna in the storeroom. Almost did not ask her out again over this. Obviously got past it.

BTW, don't light a match around the onion rings...

Athens Varsity? Just say NO!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Last can of Varsity chili going down during the game..! Got a batch of Peruvian onions that are sweet yet have flavor so- note to self "dice and refrigerate .
Why are the onions at the Varsity perfect?
"Go JACKET'S"