“What’ll ya have?

GT18YJ

Georgia Tech Fan
Two hotdogs with the chopped onions on wax paper that you described. You can put more on than you will get ordering it all the way. Ring one and, when I was at Tech, a cold Budweiser. But, since they quit selling beer at some point, a diet coke or a PC if I'm in the mood.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
My mom and dad (83 and 87, respectively) grew up near Grant Park and went on dates to the varsity...

I lived on the V after they removed the rental fridge from my dorm room in Techwood in 1984...

My standard order was two nekkid steaks, fries, and a coke... That said, the last few times I've been to the varsity, it's a not what it was when I was growing up... The diversification of the menu, drive towards healthier offerings, changing the layout (everything at every line), and so on makes it feel different... I also think the ring/fries ain't what they used to be - last couple times I was there, they seemed to be more of a soggy mess...

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
What’s your go to order at the Varsity? ( in the proper Varsity lingo , of course) Mine is two hotdogs*, one ring, FO, and a peach fried pie.

When I was a freshman I lived on FO's, peach fried pies----and Junior's.

Now when I connect through Hartsfield, if I have time I make a run to the International Concourse for an FO and a peach fried pie. The last time I was there, the FO machine was broken and so was my heart.

I got a Varsity FO hat for father's day this year.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Think about this, a PC, two slaw dogs, onion rings and a side of 6 Krisby Kreme doughnuts. The Varsity and Krisby Kreme should team up. Hmm...I think I will visit both establishments this Sunday.

Edit: Note to Paul Johnson and Todd Stansbury. Next year if you claim there is no space to have a signing day event, strongly consider using the Varsity. I promise you will draw a crowd.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Chili dog, chili steak, onion ring, and a coke

Rings can be terrible and soggy if they don’t change the oil, but when done right they are the best on earth. Work led me to the room at the supplier where they are sliced about 11 years ago. Believe me, you want nothing to do with a room where 2000 lb bins of onions are peeled and sliced all day...

All that said, these days I tailgate and drink beer instead. Can’t remember the last time I had the Varsity.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Chili dog, chili steak, onion ring, and a coke

Rings can be terrible and soggy if they don’t change the oil, but when done right they are the best on earth. Work led me to the room at the supplier where they are sliced about 11 years ago. Believe me, you want nothing to do with a room where 2000 lb bins of onions are peeled and sliced all day...

All that said, these days I tailgate and drink beer instead. Can’t remember the last time I had the Varsity.

Me too. Living in Towers dorm, it was great to have those at my disposal.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
What’s your go to order at the Varsity? ( in the proper Varsity lingo , of course) Mine is two hotdogs*, one ring, FO, and a peach fried pie.

*If you don’t like chili and mustard on your hotdog, don’t order a hotdog.

Relax, it’s the off-season. Man I hate the off-season!

If you don’t speak varsity…
https://www.thevarsity.com/food/lingo
Nailed it, except I would have an Apple Pie. In recent years I have cut back from two dogs to one .......