“What’ll ya have?

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
What’s your go to order at the Varsity? ( in the proper Varsity lingo , of course) Mine is two hotdogs*, one ring, FO, and a peach fried pie.

*If you don’t like chili and mustard on your hotdog, don’t order a hotdog.

Relax, it’s the off-season. Man I hate the off-season!

If you don’t speak varsity…
https://www.thevarsity.com/food/lingo
When my class mates visit from Seattle, Singapore, Tokyo, Seattle etc. They ALL won't to go to the Varsity! My order is a chilly cheese dog , chilly cheese steak, O rings and a Chocolate Shake...yum!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
What’s your go to order at the Varsity? ( in the proper Varsity lingo , of course) Mine is two hotdogs*, one ring, FO, and a peach fried pie.

*If you don’t like chili and mustard on your hotdog, don’t order a hotdog.

Relax, it’s the off-season. Man I hate the off-season!

If you don’t speak varsity…
https://www.thevarsity.com/food/lingo

Two chili steaks, rings, Coke Zero.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
What is all the Coke Zero heresy??????????????? Sounds like a bunch of millennials! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You go to the Varsity it's a frosted orange, varsity orange, PC or COKE :D:D:D Ain't no place for low calorie or low carb or anything else remotely healthy!

This is why we have so many people that need to wear navy blue! It’s the Varsity’s fault!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
my pre-game Victory meal,,,
varsity.jpg

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't believe I only ate at Junior's twice the entire time I was at Tech! ...And I lived in Techwood for two years! Speaking of the Engineer's Bookstore, my first memories place it in the building where Pero's later was, across North Avenue from the AE wind tunnel. I'm not sure if I've got it right, but it seems it was there by the mid-70s. My dad took me in there sometime in '74 and got me a little rubber football emblazoned with the pre-Buzz style yellow jacket. That's my first memory ever setting foot on the Tech campus. The AE Dept. used to lease out wind tunnel time, and he spent quite a bit of time in there doing experiments and took me with him on a couple occasions to watch. By the time I was at Tech, the Engineer's Bookstore had moved back down North Avenue underneath "Spendy's", as we used to call "Wendy's" at the time. I think the campus had two other bookstores back then, the Tech Bookstore at the student center and another one over by Bash Riprock's.

If you ever spent time in West Campus or Home Park, Bobby & June's couldn't be beat. And the Cuban sandwiches at the Kool Korner grocery were better than any Cuban sandwiches I've had since. The owner would try to shock new customers by yelling out: "Who got the sandwich with the kangaroo meat?"

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
What is all the Coke Zero heresy??????????????? Sounds like a bunch of millennials! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You go to the Varsity it's a frosted orange, varsity orange, PC or COKE :D:D:D Ain't no place for low calorie or low carb or anything else remotely healthy!

If you have a medical condition that requires you pay attention to how many carbs you eat an FO can cause issues. Two chili slaw dogs and onion rings are about 80 carbs. Add an FO and it almost doubles. I don't mind the grease and the sodium but I try to minimize the fast acting carbs if I can.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
#1 -2 chili only dogs, fry and a large Coke. I walked across the bridge every night in spring quarter to get a large chocolate shake - Glenn was male and didn't have A/C. Great way to cool off.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If you have a medical condition that requires you pay attention to how many carbs you eat an FO can cause issues. Two chili slaw dogs and onion rings are about 80 carbs. Add an FO and it almost doubles. I don't mind the grease and the sodium but I try to minimize the fast acting carbs if I can.

Reasonable behavior :D I have been blessed with a metabolism that I can eat anything. My doctor shakes his head at my lab work knowing how I was raised and my typical diet now. I hope you realize my post was merely poking a bit of fun :)

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Reasonable behavior :D I have been blessed with a metabolism that I can eat anything. My doctor shakes his head at my lab work knowing how I was raised and my typical diet now. I hope you realize my post was merely poking a bit of fun :)

I did understand and no offense taken. I do participate in sugary foods on occasion and would very much enjoy a large FO before every game if I could.(Probably several times between seasons or even between games also)

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember having a metabolism like that once... I don't think I was ever above 175 lbs the entire time I was in school, and I was already 27 years old when I finally got out. My numbers were always good despite what I ate, and I never worried too much about it. But a few years ago, all the triglycerides and bad cholesterol were suddenly off-the-chart bad. After a year of cutting out all fast food and junk food, plus going ice skating a couple times a week and playing hockey, the numbers went back down over 100 pts. They say vigorous exercise actually burns bad cholesterol.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Did any of u older tech guys like me make a midnight run, stop on the i75 bridge , and marvel that the traffic kept coming.

As a kid from a small town, watch that traffic , i realized i was like thay say not in kansas" any more.
You don't have to be from a small town to enjoy that... I grew up just outside of Brookhaven, and was still amazed to walk across that bridge and look down at all the traffic! One of the best views at night was braving the Downtown Connector after sundown, coming from Grady Hospital back towards campus and seeing all the Downtown skyscrapers lined up next to the freeway. That was (and is) still one dangerous stretch of road!