Zach Pyron is a tough dude!

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Any news on a potential injury? My first thought was he broke his collarbone again but I pray not. We need Pyron badly and he gives his heart and soul every time he gets on the field. I’d kill to have 100 Pyrons playing for GT. If every player on the team gave the effort he gives on every play, we’d beat the brakes off of everybody we played.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
As opposed to odds of 99.5% had we made the 2-point conversion?
Very unlikely to happen. However, odds of losing were more than 99.5% last year at Miami and their HC decided to run to make stats instead of taking a knee. The defense could have given up and not tried to strip the ball. Instead, the defense kept playing like the game wasn't over, and they got the ball. Would you rather have a HC that just gives up because the odds are low, or a HC that wants his guys to compete until the actual end of the game? If it was 56-0 with three minutes left in the game, I doubt Key would have the starters still in the game. However, if there is even a small chance, he has been preaching that he teaches the players to play until the last snap. Simply giving up due to low odds would be hypocritical.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Very unlikely to happen. However, odds of losing were more than 99.5% last year at Miami and their HC decided to run to make stats instead of taking a knee. The defense could have given up and not tried to strip the ball. Instead, the defense kept playing like the game wasn't over, and they got the ball. Would you rather have a HC that just gives up because the odds are low, or a HC that wants his guys to compete until the actual end of the game? If it was 56-0 with three minutes left in the game, I doubt Key would have the starters still in the game. However, if there is even a small chance, he has been preaching that he teaches the players to play until the last snap. Simply giving up due to low odds would be hypocritical.
That was a one score game, but yes, let’s at least pretend we can win.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s not the point of the thread. Pyron played a good, tough game. The pick-6 was bad, but the pass sailed on him. It happens. 20-38 for 269 yards and 2 INT is not a bad day for a backup QB playing a top-10 team.
No, that is absolutely a bad game for a backup QB. ND is definitely not a top 10 team. They definitely have a solid defense but Let’s see what they do against Navy.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That was a one score game, but yes, let’s at least pretend we can win.
I think that game had even smaller odds of winning. All Miami had to do was take a knee and the clock would have expired. Ga Tech couldn't do anything about it. Ga Tech only won because the Miami coach made a stupid decision.

There have been very improbable games in the past. A high school game in Texas in 1994 had a team comeback from a 24 point deficit in the last 2:36 of the game with 4 TDs. Then they lost the game in the last 24 seconds because their last kickoff was returned for a TD. A 2pt conversion, then a successful onside kick, then a successful Hail Mary, then a 2pt conversion, then a successful onside kick, then a successful Hail Mary, then a 2pt conversion is very improbable in 23 seconds, but not impossible. Are you upset that they still went for the onside kick? They could have just kicked a touchback. They could have just taken a knee after the two minute timeout since the odds of scoring three times in two minutes was very low. They decided to play the game until it was actually over, which I think is a good thing.