Your Favorite Underrated GT player?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He hasn't been mentioned, so …

Mackel Harris

It isn't every team with an inside LB who can cut a 4.45 40. He only weighed 195, soaking wet, but he was so fast it didn't matter. He usually didn't try to play off blocks. He ran around them and caught the RBs from behind. I loved watching that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I will give you my top 3 on O and D
O
Charlie Rogers
Ed wilder
Bobby Rodriguez
D
Ron Rogers
Kenny Scott
Adam Oliver

But My favorite of all time.
Kelly Rhino
Dude was scared of nothing!

Good list but Ed Wilder was not underrated coming out of high school. He was All State and would have been a Parade All American but for his knee injury that bedeviled him throughout his college career. Similarly, Kenny Scott was highly regarded corner back from Florida that was widely sought after. Not sure if he was truly underrated but both were outstanding as Yellow Jackets to be sure.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Mike Kelly, Malcom King, Jerry Mays, and Mike Wysong.

Incredibly, Mike Wysong only weighed about 160lbs as an All State quarterback from North Fulton high school in Atlanta. He was a terrific wide receiver and punt returner for Bud Carson in the early 1970s. Malcolm King was an All State running back from Americus who transitioned into a tough fullback for Bill Curry in the mid 1980s. He broke open a game against the Dwags in Athens with a burst up the middle. Only about 5'9 he was veritable giant next to Jerry Mays the speedster from Thompson.