Your Favorite Underrated GT player?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Kind of forgotten now, but Ken Swilling was a monster. I thought he was going to knock someone out cold.
They weren’t underrated, but man I miss Kelly Campbell and Dez White.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what you are saying but Swilling was highly recruited coming out of Stephens County High School. He may have been a two time all state player. A lot of people wanted Dez White too. My recollection was that he was from Jacksonville and was a high school running back who transitioned to receiver. Big, fast, with questionable hands at times but one of those guys you better hit him right away or he was gone.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Shaq Mason, Calvin Johnson.

Shaq I can see but Calvin was at least a 4 star probably should have been a 5 star who had, I am pretty sure, a lengthy and impressive offer list which by definition would keep him off any list of underrated players who ended up being much better than most would have surmised based on stars, offers, all state mentions, and the like.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Some of mine:
Brad Jefferson
Robby Godhigh
PJ Davis
Shamire Devine
Jamal Golden
AJ Gray
Clinton Lynch
Qua Searcy

That is a good list. I am surprised that AJ Gray was not more heavily recruited than he was. All state quarterback from a heralded program who led his team, as I dimly recall, to a storybook finish in the high school state championship game. May have been a position thing seems like Tech recruited him for defense which was, as it turns out, where he was best suited. Fine player and better person. Never a moment's trouble for Coach Johnson, academically or otherwise.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Tevin Washington

Quite possibly one of the most underrated and underappreciated SAs in any sport at GT. Probably ran CPJ's offense better than any of the QBs during the decade of the spread option. If he would have had a defense, he probably would have been remembered differently.
Talk about "underrated" coming out of high school I think we were the only big program to extend an offer to him. He was rated somewhere in the mid 100s of high school quarterbacks. But he was well worth the investment. A good player, even better teammate and leader for Coach Johnson. A pleasure to watch him squeeze just about every ounce of ability about of his somewhat limited ability.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Charles Perkins RB - I thought he was going to bust out a be a star.
Seems like he may have had a series of nagging injuries early on but he was money in the bank as a senior. He was part of that 2014 cast of A backs that complimented each other so well. A really fine player that year who deserved all the accolades thrown his way as a senior.

So I haven't seen this one but to me the greatest....The Amazing Jerry Mays. They listed him at 5-8 but he was probably closer to 5-6, 160lbs. He ran over, through and around every one. At one time he also lead Tech in receptions. what was really Amazing is in 1987 he blew out his ACL. Back then that was a bad thing. He came back in 1988 and in 1989 he carried the team. He is best known for slaying Georgia in 1989 with 223 yards rushing.