Your Favorite Underrated GT player?

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
  • Scott Blair. Not always great, but '09 (IIRC, 3-3 in the ACCCG) and '10 were solid. Could've been much worse.
  • Jarrard Tarrant
  • Anthony Allen

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Looking back, what would've been if had Jaybo Shaw stayed rather than go to GaSou. Was at the Duke game when he passed for over 200 yards. When Nesbitt went down against va tech, we would not have missed a beat to finish out 10 and then 11 could've been special.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Great name. Did he ever actually play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it was an insider joke. I am not sure he ever made it on campus maybe he did for a while but he is immortalized on the "All Name" team along with other "name" players such as I.M. Hipp of Nebraska, Ephesians Bartley of Florida, among others.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This thread is for your favorite Jackets, but not the necessarily the GREATest Jackets. I'm going with "The Little Engine that Could", Robbie Godhigh. Loved the little guy with the big ticker and fast wheels. Another player that had a similar journey to him, Isiah Willis, was a guy who I really liked as a player. On defense, I loved Jamal Golden and Julian Burnett. Burnett is one of the better "what could have been"s in recent memory. Who are your favorite GT players that we overlook?

"Favorite UNDERRATED Jacket" I take that to mean a player that lacked the usual accolades coming out of high school, perhaps coming from a small school, perhaps lacking the accepted physical characteristics for his position (i.e. too short, too slow, too little, too something or another). I will go with Jemea Thomas on defense. Largely unheralded player from a small south Georgia school (Fitzgerald Purple Hurricanes) who proved to be a productive player at both corner and safety for Coach Johnson. On offense I will go with the oft mentioned Robbie Godhigh. Not the biggest, not the fastest, but if Coach Johnson needed someone to make a play he was the man. Largely overlooked player from Cobb County who in spite of a fairly heralded high school career was deemed lacking the "measureables" by the big schools. I am not sure that he got a scholarship offer from us either. Was he a PWO or did he get a last minute offer? No matter, a fine player for Coach Johnson who could block, run, and catch passes with his short powerful legs churning like crazy. Another in a long line of "little man at Georgia Tech" going all the way back to Stumpy Thompson and Clint Castleberry in Dodd's day to Brent Cunningham, to Jerry Mayes and many others who played larger than their stature would have indicated.