Your Choice for OC

Who would you like HCBK to hire as our Offense Coordinator?

• Tashard Choice (RB Coach - Texas)

• Danny Enos (OC/QB Coach - Maryland)

• Josh Gattis (OC/WR Coach - Miami)

• George Godsey (TE Coach - Baltimore Ravens)

• Chris Weinke (QB Coach - Georgia Tech)

• Other

• Willie Korn (OC/QB Coach - Coastal Carolina)

Results are only viewable after voting.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I don't expect us to hire any sort of 'name' OC.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to hire McGee as OC, he has never held that position anywhere else.
If you are hiring McGee it is to be a recruiting asst, not a coordinator imo. That would be an extremely risky hire.

Whoever comes in has their hands full next year.
GT is losing the majority of its production at both RB and WR.

If McCollum does not return then GT loses 4 of its top 5 receivers.
It also loses 2 of its top 3 rushers.

Another decision to watch is Dontae Smith. He has a COVID year of eligibility to use, does he stay or does he move on - that also has huge implications for the offense as if he decides not to return we end up losing over 80% of our rushing and 5 of our top 6 receivers.
Dontae walked on Sr Day.

JacketFan137

Banned
if we had any interest in korn and that offense we likely would have pursued chadwell harder. i don’t think he’s an option

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Honesltly I might see if i can get choice back give him a Run game cooardinator co-OC with Weinke. Have weinke calling the plays in the booth but let him and choice work together to build the offense. Then go get a TE coach and OL coach.

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
Joe Craddock current OC at Troy. I don't know what happened at Arkansas but he has tore it up before and after that. This was his first year at Troy but it's hard to imagine he's not looking for a bigger program again.

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
Joe Craddock current OC at Troy. I don't know what happened at Arkansas but he has tore it up before and after that. This was his first year at Troy but it's hard to imagine he's not looking for a bigger program again.
There are some question marks on this guy but he has a lot to offer for a 37 yo currently making Sun Belt coordinator wages. He claims to have learned from the failures at Arkansas and who knows how much of that was him and how much was Chad Morris.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if they pushed off Key's official introduction presser to early next week so that they could introduce the OC? That would suggest the new OC might be playing in a championship game this weekend, if a good speculation.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Honesltly I might see if i can get choice back give him a Run game cooardinator co-OC with Weinke. Have weinke calling the plays in the booth but let him and choice work together to build the offense. Then go get a TE coach and OL coach.
Has Weinke been a successful OC anywhere? I am not opposed to this and if the rumors are true about him calling the last two games he did a pretty good job but I don't know if he has the experience to really build an offense and make in game adjustments. I think we need to have an experienced and proven play caller. Could be a G5 OC or a former HC that was a solid OC.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Has Weinke been a successful OC anywhere? I am not opposed to this and if the rumors are true about him calling the last two games he did a pretty good job but I don't know if he has the experience to really build an offense and make in game adjustments. I think we need to have an experienced and proven play caller. Could be a G5 OC or a former HC that was a solid OC.
He has not been an OC anywhere/ running back or QB coach

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea who Coach Key has in mind for his OC. I also don’t think any of us know who would be Coach Key’s no. 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. preferred OC candidates, either, as he is undoubtedly busy calling and asking the one(s) he wants to gauge whether he (or additional others) would be willing to come over to GT to become his OC.

It’s possible Coach Key has one single OC guy that he would love to have, and if so, would this guy agree to join him at Georgia Tech? He may, or may not. If not, then Coach Key would need to move on and ask his no. 2, his next preferred candidate, and then no. 3, and on down his list (which I hope is a short one) until he succeeds in getting who he would like to have.

So, I’m just going to wait and see what happens.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I would also like to note that the ability of any Offensive Coordinator to game-plan and call “a great offensive game” is directly dependent on the quality of the OL, the QB, the RBs and WRs, etc. Like ‘ol former GT Head Coach Pepper Rodgers said:

“I’ve proved that I could win with good players, and I could lose with bad players.”

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Where did these names come from? lol Tashard Choice and Godsey? We need to stop with the Tech homerism. We got Key, doesnt mean we need the whole staff to be Tech men
First time posting here. I’m a huge Penn State fan and GT is my second love and I have to say, Godsey would be a great OC for GT if BK could get him. Brent Key was the right man for the job I believe he’s going to do great things at GT. Just gotta get the right coach and GT will win!