Your Choice for OC

Who would you like HCBK to hire as our Offense Coordinator?

• Tashard Choice (RB Coach - Texas)

• Danny Enos (OC/QB Coach - Maryland)

• Josh Gattis (OC/WR Coach - Miami)

• George Godsey (TE Coach - Baltimore Ravens)

• Chris Weinke (QB Coach - Georgia Tech)

• Other

• Willie Korn (OC/QB Coach - Coastal Carolina)

Results are only viewable after voting.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
After last weeks games, any OC hired will be announced immediately, If we are lucky enough to hire someone coaching in the playoffs, we would announce it ASAP even if we let them coach the playoffs (unlikely). We are 15 days away from the first signing day. We really need to have the OC/DC settled on by the end of this week most likely in order to finalize the recruiting for this year and make any changes necessary in relations to current offensive recruits.
This has probably been stated here already but I’ve been busy working and haven’t read back.

In this same respect, we would know the OC by now if HCBK was promoting someone on the staff. (Weinke) I really don’t see contract $$ taking this long to figure out if that was the case.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This has probably been stated here already but I’ve been busy working and haven’t read back.

In this same respect, we would know the OC by now if HCBK was promoting someone on the staff. (Weinke) I really don’t see contract $$ taking this long to figure out if that was the case.
That’s what we thought about Key if he was going to be named HC too.

Seems to me like Key is going through a pretty extensive search, making sure he’s checked with everybody he thinks would be good for the job before moving on and naming Weinke. Seems really similar to our HC search

Blue&Gold1034

Georgia Tech Fan
Do you think Kyle Shanahan's offense is a "smash mouth type offense" that does not run "RPOs, options, or other type offense?"

I will add that while Bama sometimes just lines them up and runs people over, that is not an accurate description of their offenses over the past decade. Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian brought a lot horizontal passing, RPO and screen passes in the spread formations that loosened up the run game, but they are not relying on smash mouth running out of the pro set anymore.
In the NFL, there aren't many teams that don't do what Shanahan does. As a matter of fact, he's one of the few people that still uses a fullback, which is widely considered a smash mouth position. I don't know if it would fall under the old school definition of smash mouth, but if the 49ers aren't, then no one in the NFL is.

You're right about their offenses under Kiffin and Sarkisian. What I was getting at was the Bama offenses under McElwain that many would consider to be smash mouth. Those teams bread and butter running play was inside zone and they ran it out of single back, multiple tight end sets.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
That’s what we thought about Key if he was going to be named HC too.

Seems to me like Key is going through a pretty extensive search, making sure he’s checked with everybody he thinks would be good for the job before moving on and naming Weinke. Seems really similar to our HC search
Great point - This very well could be the case.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Given that the OC from Coastal was considered as a possible candidate for us, do we know for sure who JChadwell is taking to Liberty?

Is it really his whole staff as was anticipated?