Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
They’re all in on JChadwell. Or Key. It’s not worth any more than what you and I want, and I don’t think they have any inside scoop.

Be Like That Reaction GIF by DefyTV
Agreed. Man, this is worse than waiting for my SAT scores to come back. o_O

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I like FTRS, but they are just like us. Fans that have their own bias and preference.

My thoughts about Chadwell are that he has a unique way of running the RPO that is hard for some programs to defend against. JMU had little or no problem yesterday and I believe P5 DCs will be more like JMU than some of the other G5 programs that could not solve the question. You still have to have the athletes and there is no instant turnaround for us.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GlennW might be a Swarm poster, so I am going to be open that this is his idea, not mine. I have no bone to pick with the idea other than to ask why would Meyer consider Tech? If he is set financially and is unlikely to coach in the NFL (why, I am not quite sure), he is probably content to be retired. If he wants to get back into coaching and money is not an issue, there are programs with a lot more potential than GT. And, he is primarily a Midwesterner. The only connection with GT seems to be his daughter and son-in-law.

I will add this: Meyer has never suffered through a losing season.

Last edited:

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
GlennW might be a Swarm poster, so I am going to open that this is his idea, not mine. I have no bone to pick with the idea other than to ask why would Meyer consider Tech? If he is set financially and is unlikely to coach in the NFL (why, I am not quite sure), he is probably content to be retired. If he wants too get back into coaching and money is not an issue, there are programs with a lot more potential than GT. And, he is primarily a Midwesterner. The only connection with GT seems to be his daughter and son-in-law.

Tech is definitely a low stress environment. If Urban wants to give it a run for a few years until Cory is ready, it’s worth a shot. I seriously doubt Urban has the fire and doesn’t really have anything to prove at this point.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I like FTRS, but they are just like us. Fans that have their own bias and preference.

My thoughts about Chadwell are that he has a unique way of running the RPO that is hard for some programs to defend against. JMU had little or no problem yesterday and I believe P5 DCs will be more like JMU than some of the other G5 programs that could not solve the question. You still have to have the athletes and there is no instant turnaround for us.
You always have to have the athletes. JMU is the class of the Sun Belt right now. The thing I like best about Chadwell's season is that he's won the close ones. That's the mark of a good coach.

Coastal is 31-5, last three seasons.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
GlennW might be a Swarm poster, so I am going to be open that this is his idea, not mine. I have no bone to pick with the idea other than to ask why would Meyer consider Tech? If he is set financially and is unlikely to coach in the NFL (why, I am not quite sure), he is probably content to be retired. If he wants to get back into coaching and money is not an issue, there are programs with a lot more potential than GT. And, he is primarily a Midwesterner. The only connection with GT seems to be his daughter and son-in-law.

His daughter played volleyball here and his son in law played here. Never understood why we didn’t talk with him before.

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
well, I'll rank my picks
1. A great coach who has not lost a game
2. A great coach who has won 90% of his games
3. A good coach who wants to coach here
4. anyone who will take the job and we can fire without a buyout
On #4 I don’t even mind a buyout just make sure we get the contract right so it’s not some stupid 7-10 year thing and more like 3-5 years. If they are good we can always do a longer contract after a couple years.