Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Just a reminder: this thread's poll will allow you to change your vote as the season progresses and you have more data to consider.

Yesterday, Tech lost and Coastal Carolina won. Other games were played.

Who's your front-runner today?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping Key would work out but now I say find a good coach or the best we can find and clean house I know that may means 2 more bad years but something needs to be done. Do I have a pick, no. But find us one.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Given our current state of affairs, I'd vote for Bill Clark if his back issues have improved. We have gone from stable program to not over the course of the last few years. We need a full refresh to get back into mix in a real way. Bill has plenty of SE connections, a good reputation, and has lead some difficult situations to improvement. I'd prefer someone with HC experience rather than an up and coming coordinator. Our current sitrep would be better served with an experienced leader at the helm.
My backup plan is whoever ADJB picks. Go Jackets! :gt:

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve been on the Chadwell boat since the jump. However, I do like the idea of Mullen coming in as well. I just see Chadwell as more of a long term solution whereas if Mullen does well, he will leave in 2-3 years to a bigger program. Not saying Chadwell or other younger coaches wouldn’t, but I could see Chadwell staying longer.

Honestly, I’m pulling for J Batt. I trust he will make the right decision and can make it work.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m pleasantly surprised to hear that both Willie Fritz and Bill Clark are interested in the job. The Mullen speculation is intriguing as well. If we could get Dan Mullen as HC and Bill Clark as AHC/DC, that would be a great combo!
Source on Fritz and Clark please?
Just googled, only see the usual speculation, nothing confirming their interest.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been on the Chadwell boat since the jump. However, I do like the idea of Mullen coming in as well. I just see Chadwell as more of a long term solution whereas if Mullen does well, he will leave in 2-3 years to a bigger program. Not saying Chadwell or other younger coaches wouldn’t, but I could see Chadwell staying longer.

Honestly, I’m pulling for J Batt. I trust he will make the right decision and can make it work.
I'm the opposite. I see Chadwell making a difference right away because of his scheme.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Dan Mullen isn’t as sexy as a hire it would have been a few years ago, but I actually think that could be a sneaky solid hire and he may be a better fit here than some think. There won’t be as much recruiting pressure here as there was at Florida, which was the main reason he was let go. He’s a great offensive mind, still known and considered a “QB whisperer” and respected as a game day coach. I don’t think this hire would necessarily be a “home run”, but I think this would be a pretty safe, solid hire if some of the bigger names aren’t interested.