Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Look at all the other schools recent hires in the ACC and the outcome. There is no king’s X. Key or Chadwell or any other coach could come to GT and not succeed at achieving a break even record.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Just watched a few Coastal Carolina highlight YouTubes. :oops:

Okay, it helps that they've had a stud a QB throwing for massive yardage, but the option is there.

I'm all in. Chadwell and his OC. Bring it and dial it up!

Hail to the Red...wait...

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech...

Last edited:

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Dell McGee. He is young (49), he has the ambition and desire, he can recruit, he can coach, and he is an inspirational leader.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Some interesting comments

Key and McGee are the top 2 in the mini-survey.

Deleted member 6494

Well, I really like good and discussions where common sense is present, but the dis-allusioned ones have fallen off the deep end. Time for me to take a break and wait for the decision.

JacketFan137

Banned

if we could start just keeping more talent in state then we would be able to recruit pretty high relative to the acc. would definitely be a big plus

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think if we hire chadwell we will be good, but I'm worried the same problem of CPJ will arise with recruiting. Depending on how the season ends Brent Key should be considered. My personal choice is Art Briles or Dan Mullen so go from there.
How do you hire good position oaches for a special sytem. Where do they go if this gig doesn't work

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When do people here think AD Batt will announce the new HC? After the uGag game? After the bowl game that the incoming HC coaches?

I think the week after the uGag game since that's the end of the regular season.

As I said 21 pages ago (I haven't read the vast majority), I'm fine with whomever AD Batt picks. And then the new HC brings in his assistants or keeps the ones he wants. No reason to go all Snyder (Washington RS / FBT / Commanders) on us.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
When do people here think AD Batt will announce the new HC? After the uGag game? After the bowl game that the incoming HC coaches?

I think the week after the uGag game since that's the end of the regular season.

As I said 21 pages ago (I haven't read the vast majority), I'm fine with whomever AD Batt picks. And then the new HC brings in his assistants or keeps the ones he wants. No reason to go all Snyder (Washington RS / FBT / Commanders) on us.
As usual, your post makes sense and I agree that I will happily support whomever J Batt hires. Until he loses his first game, anyway.

And I fervently hope the announcement is as you suggested in bold, right after the UGa game. (Unless Key leads us to an upset win there and Batt had someone else in mind who he then has to call up and say "never mind" to...LOL. That might delay things more than a week...)

stech81

Helluva Engineer

just a guess on my part if we win the next 2 he will wait till after the uga game if we don't win both guess it really doesn't matter unless they want to wait till after signing day. But I'm a drunk so what do I know.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Key lost me playIng Gibson. Season over. A RB would have been less damaging.

I've been a big advocate for Key IF he met a certain threshold.

This game regardless of what happens against UNC, IMO, pretty much closes the door on any real shot Key to become HFC. He may get an interview, but I don't think Batt can seriously consider him after tonight.