Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel bad for Key. You can tell he's trying as hard as he can. There's sparks of improvement, especially on D, and that shouldn't be expected from an interim. But injuries and Chip Long are killing any chance he had to earn the job.
I mean, we’re trying to shove 4 pounds of crap into a 1 pound bag. There’s been cracks in the program from CGC and it’s tough to overcome any one part, much less all of it

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Key was likely never getting this job but blaming these losses on him is ridiculous. He stepped in with no warning, inheriting someone else's mess and has done as good of a job as possible of making chicken salad out of chicken ****.

We need an offensive minded coach. I vote for Garrett Riley

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The OL was actually pretty good today. QB held the ball too long at times. Run blocking on the interior is not good.
Key never improved our O-line. He has no extraordinary characteristics other than being a GT guy. Any coach worth anything could have improved over the worst coach in the country. Let’s get a proven head coach.

Deleted member 6494

Yes. I don't think it was his final say by any means, but I think he certainly had more of a say than people want to believe.
I said I was through with the board for a while, however I was relatively sure Tech would lose all the remaining games. We have some very good athletes, but maybe not the depth so players do get tired when there are few to relieve them. I was not disappointed because the handwriting was on the wall for all who would read it.

There is a lot of athletes for a good defense, we just need a defensive coach to redirect them and play more substitutes even though they might appear not to be ready; some may amaze us when they get a chance to get into the game for some minutes to rest others on the first team. A good offense that can eat up time with scoring drives and increase our offensive effectiveness will also help our overall defense.

I did not think Key had a chance as head coach, so we can only thank Key and hope Batt gets us a good high scoring head coach who is innovative. I have seen four other innovative head coaches at Tech since Bobby Dodd; they were OC Friegden, HC Ross, Pepper Rodgers, and Paul Johnson. I still think our best choice is Chadwell, he will cure our problems at QB as he knows how to train them since he was a QB.

I personally believe he would have no less than a 7-5 record with our present athletes. If we don't get him another team will soon get a jewel. I still say the administration and big money boosters will probably load us down with O'Brien, and we will remain in mediocrity. I have been greatly impressed with some of the individual defensive players and especially two offensive players that I never saw on the field until Collins was replaced.

As far as Sim's situation, I see several factors. He has good arm strength and is an accurate passer, but appears a tad slow in his mind to his actions. He gets the ball to the right place, but it appears just a little too late many times. A good quarterback coach might be able to help him with that.

Also, since he has been injured and may be thinking of going to the portal, he is correct in not wanting to go into the game and reinjure himself as there are only two more games to the season. However, he might decide to stay at Tech according to who is selected as the new head coach.

All we need is a good offensive coach, and we will be on the rise immediately. Yes, things not only look bad for this season, they are bad but may improve greatly according to who is chosen for the new head coach position. Don't give up hope; I have been a Tech fan for 76 of my 87 years and seen some bad times and good times. I can remember when we beat UGA nine years in a row and held the won-loss record over them.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Mullen would be my top choice (besides the unrealistic Urban Meyer) but I think McGee and Riley should be interviewed and strongly considered if Mullen isn’t interested. Mullen would need to bring in a staff that are strong recruiters. I would be interested to see the staffs that McGee or Riley would put together.