Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I still say Deion and we'll regret not offering/hiring him, at least that is if he's even interested. I'd think he is given it's Atlanta, but hey, maybe he said not interested already.
My concern is that if we hire him, our program becomes just another early stop on the Coach Prime World Tour.

I want our coach and our program to be about Georgia Tech football.

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
My concern is that if we hire him, our program becomes just another early stop on the Coach Prime World Tour.

I want our coach and our program to be about Georgia Tech football.
If we win the ACC and get into CFP playoffs, he can come and go as he pleases. I do agree, there is more risk/unknown with Deion.

I am not the least bit interested in a mediocre HC that sticks around because no other higher tier program wants him. I'd rather we cycle through 3 coaches and have the most successful decade at GT since the early 1900s.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
BOB and Bama with another boring half of offense scoring 35 points. No thanks. I would rather be exciting and score half as many points.
They have arguably the best QB and overall best player in CFB playing a mediocre AU team at best. He won’t have the NFL talent here.

I believe BOB will be decent, but I don’t see him having special years or beating ugag.

But, at least he will run the same O “everyone” else runs.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
They have arguably the best QB and overall best player in CFB playing a mediocre AU team at best. He won’t have the NFL talent here.

I believe BOB will be decent, but I don’t see him having special years or beating ugag.

If you believe some people he won without NFL talent in the NFL. Hell he won games with Brian Hoyer as his QB.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer

How dare he use the talent available to him to run an effective and efficient offense.

BOB wins. He won at Penn State when he lost 30 players to penalties and transfers in one year. He won in the NFL. The complaint has been his offense at Bama is boring. Well, it is top 15 in offensive efficiency and racked up 30 plus points in both of their losses. I will take boring, effective and wins every day of the year.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
He has the best players but you knew this already
TAMU has 4th highest talent composite, how has their offense been? What about Florida with the 12th most? How about GT with 30th best talent composite and having an offense in the bottom 100?

Maybe the coaches at Alabama know how to use the talent, and some coaches don't.

I don't even want BOB as the coach, but the terrible takes are too much for me to handle.

slugboy

Staff member
I have enjoyed watching Key coach. He’s been a breath of fresh air. Finally, in the last two games the OL looked like a gelled unit.
I’m not sure if he’s the right choice, but I think that he’d fix special teams during the off season. I think we’d go bowling.

I also think that Chadwell would get us there. Chadwell has a problem on defense, while Key has a gap on offense and punting right now.

With O’Brien, I’m not sure what to expect. Penn State seems like so long ago

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
TAMU has 4th highest talent composite, how has their offense been? What about Florida with the 12th most? How about GT with 30th best talent composite and having an offense in the bottom 100?

Maybe the coaches at Alabama know how to use the talent, and some coaches don't.

I don't even want BOB as the coach, but the terrible takes are too much for me to handle.
Sweet. I'll take Saban