Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
🔑 = Chan Gailey 2.0.

The UVA loss was unforgivable and losing badly to a bad Miami team is a big no thanks for me.

I am afraid you will get your wish though, classic GT to go cheap on the hire and hand the keys over to Key. I hope J Batt wipes the slate clean when we get our doors blown off next week.

The team has rallied some behind the interim coach but this Schtick won’t last.
Ceiling with Key is 6-7 wins a year in a mediocre conference.
All high rollers like you have to do to influence things is get your checkbooks out and write enough zeros.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I mean let’s see what happens next week. It’s not unrealistic to believe that our D could keep uGA’s offense in check. Anything less than 20 and weird stuff can find a way to happen.

If they’re able to compete in that game I wouldn’t have too much heartburn retaining Key if that’s what Batt decided to do. If we did that I’d want Key to revamp most of the offensive staff.

If we get blown out I really want to go a different direction - hopefully Chadwell. If they still hired Key I’d be a little disappointed, but would get over it really quickly and get excited to see what he could do next year.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
🔑 = Chan Gailey 2.0.

The UVA loss was unforgivable and losing badly to a bad Miami team is a big no thanks for me.

I am afraid you will get your wish though, classic GT to go cheap on the hire and hand the keys over to Key. I hope J Batt wipes the slate clean when we get our doors blown off next week.

The team has rallied some behind the interim coach but this Schtick won’t last.
Ceiling with Key is 6-7 wins a year in a mediocre conference.
Wrong

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I mean let’s see what happens next week. It’s not unrealistic to believe that our D could keep uGA’s offense in check. Anything less than 20 and weird stuff can find a way to happen.

If they’re able to compete in that game I wouldn’t have too much heartburn retaining Key if that’s what Batt decided to do. If we did that I’d want Key to revamp most of the offensive staff.

If we get blown out I really want to go a different direction - hopefully Chadwell. If they still hired Key I’d be a little disappointed, but would get over it really quickly and get excited to see what he could do next year.
If we get blown out, which I expect, I don’t hold that against Key.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I get the sense that a few here are disturbed by the win tonight. Sadly enough.
I was thinking something similar.

It'll be impossible given how fickle the fanbase is in general, not just ours, but I hope whoever we decide to hire, all of us can get behind and support the team and coach.

I'm tired of all this "you didn't hire the coach/offense I wanted so I'm going to complain/negative recruit until he's fired" act.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I was thinking something similar.

It'll be impossible given how fickle the fanbase is in general, not just ours, but I hope whoever we decide to hire, all of us can get behind and support the team and coach.

I'm tired of all this "you didn't hire the coach/offense I wanted so I'm going to complain/negative recruit until he's fired" act.
Too logical

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I get the sense that a few here are disturbed by the win tonight. Sadly enough.

Not really. Love it when we win, love it when UNC loses, and I doubt it's going to change anything in regards to the HC choice.

Whether Key should get a chance is one discussion. Whether he will get a chance is another. No way a new AD comes in and promotes from within the staff that got the previous AD fired mid year barring something absolutely crazy (which upsetting #1 UGA coming of a championship is). Way too risky. If we reverted back to the way we looked last year because of seniors leaving on defense then we become a laughing stock as a program and he becomes a laughing stock as an AD. Only way Key has any chance of getting the job is beating UGA, which if he did everyone would be happy ecstatic about.

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Very happy for the win. Guys continue to work their butts off.

I still don’t think Key is the HC for our future. I do appreciate everything he & the other coaches have done. Again, even the guy that won’t be named beat these guys when they were ranked last year.

Go Jackets!!