Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
But it DID work sometimes, in two ways. I've seen the defense jump, but the best ones were when the A-backs took their positions, no one jumped on defense, and the defense let up thinking the timeout was coming and they snapped the ball and got the first down!

Coach Johnson was a master at thinking several plays ahead and set them up with his calls, and also at making adjustments on the fly when he saw what the defensive gameplan was trying to do.
Agree with assessments about CPJ but he won games because he possessed the ball. He had "get the first down" mentality first and keep the chains moving. This is big thing missing the past 3++ years. Its also one of our problems in the red zone. Paul always new he had 4 downs (not 3 and a punt) and he could make the short yardage (keep possession) first downs most times. Part of this is play calling and part is practice prep. We have not seen good of either lately.

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
I am back to Brent Key for head coach. He and his staff tonight showed that they figured out how to beat UNC. The quarterbacks were played to their strengths and the defense did its job against a Heisman candidate quarterback.

He won 3 games that the former coach would have crashed on.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I think if the players had a say that Key would be the man. They sure seem to play hard for him. Sure wish Thacker could have ran the show on D last year with all the talent that we had. I think it’s obvious that cgc controlled everything, and it shows. The biggest fraud in coaching profession ever. Go Jackets!

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
The near term goals are to repair our balance sheet, get people in seats at Bobby Dodd, and quickly become competitive in the ACC. Key appears capable of leading all that, with the least downside risk.

I can tell you from inside info, the players are crazy about him. They played hard, never quit.

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
NO other option. kEYS. Me and my money support him.
🔑 = Chan Gailey 2.0.

The UVA loss was unforgivable and losing badly to a bad Miami team is a big no thanks for me.

I am afraid you will get your wish though, classic GT to go cheap on the hire and hand the keys over to Key. I hope J Batt wipes the slate clean when we get our doors blown off next week.

The team has rallied some behind the interim coach but this Schtick won’t last.
Ceiling with Key is 6-7 wins a year in a mediocre conference.