Youngstown State

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Last year at the end of the season, I looked back and thought that the writing had been on the wall since we lost English ( as a pitcher), Hughes, and King. Now,I am thinking we have lost English and Hughes and King are limited. I'm afraid the writing may already be on the wall again.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Last year at the end of the season, I looked back and thought that the writing had been on the wall since we lost English ( as a pitcher), Hughes, and King. Now,I am thinking we have lost English and Hughes and King are limited. I'm afraid the writing may already be on the wall again.

The writing is not on the wall 7 games into the season. The cap isn't even off the sharpie yet. It's probably still on the desk.

King being limited shouldn't surprise anyone and I'd guarantee our coaches have accounted for that. He's essentially missed two seasons with shoulder injuries. It's a miracle he can even pitch at this point. Losing English sucks but you can't lose what you never had in a sense. And I haven't heard anything official about Hughes being limited.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
If this were football, and defense, ST, OL, DL,or some other specialty area was holding back reaching campionship goal there would be an outcry for a coaching change of that specialty. Seems that we may need a new pitching coach or new approach in finding and developing pitchers.

I think that's like holding the OL coach accountable for his 4 out his starting 5 breaking their legs every year he's been here. Not much he can do. The guys who have been healthy have developed fairly well.