Yellow Jackets going to the Bahamas

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

While they probably would have gotten a better run against the campus intramural champs, it is nice to have a college hoops box score to breakdown.

Couple of items that I noticed:

- Jorgensen with 8 points and 6 assist against 0 turnovers
- Tadric 2/5 from 3 pt fg - 5/15 overall though
- Chuck with 28 & 10, but 4 turnovers
- Truck Heyward with 13 pts in 23 minutes

Jorgy with a very productive and efficient night. Tadric has got to make more this year. My hope is that he gained some confidence offensively on this trip. We need him to take a big step forward this season. Chuck actin like a boss, and I would love to see Corey carve a role as a productive senior season. He's sacrificed a lot for the program.

I realize that you cannot take ANYTHING away from this, but it was still fun.

Any thoughts?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Clearly a very over matched opponent - especially when you consider MGH, Smith, White and Jacobs (all of whom will play significant min this year) did not play in this game.
We really need Jackson to be a more efficient scorer, not just a chucker or we'll see alot more of Smith.
Nice efficient night for Jorgy.

We also need Q to step up as a JR. He looks bigger, wonder if he will crack 200 lb at weigh in this fall.

Glad they are playing with a 24 second clock, that will help when we play with a 30 sec clock this year.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Most of the people on this board who know basketball agreed Lammers has a bright future when alot of people seemed down on him, and had BG left hoped he would stay. He has a bright future here IMHO.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Thanks for the updates. Would expect the win based upon the opponent... then again I was at the GT vs KSU game in Kennesaw a few years ago...

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Oddly watching the 1st and 3rd qtrs. ,Tech did not look very impressive.While they were fresh,All-Stars did ok.We basically won by overwhelming numbers.They were a quick team but smallish.
I liked the shooting numbers (FG AND FTs) but still weak asst/TO ratio and TJ shooting 33%FG is worrisome.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Atleast GT University didn't suffer the same fate as UNCheat. 115-70 over the Providence Storm(?)

Why can't we shoot FT's worth a damn?

LibertyTurns

Banned
FT's:
Game 1: 19-27, 70%
Tonight: 13-29, 45%

Total: 32-56, 57%

I know it's just a pre-season practice game, but damn these guys have been playing ball nearly every day of their lives for the past 10+ years. Doesn't anyone teach basics any more?