Yellow Jackets going to the Bahamas

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Link

"The Yellow Jackets will leave Atlanta on Aug. 5 and return Aug. 11. In between, three games are scheduled Aug. 6 and Aug. 8-9 against a Bahamian all-star team in Nassau."

"...The trip will be the first out of the country for the program since the summer of 1991."

"...Tech is allowed by NCAA rules to conduct 10 practice days on campus in preparation for the trip, the first of which was held Tuesday. All of the players on Tech’s 2015-16 roster will be eligible to participate, with the exception of graduate transfer James White, who is not scheduled to graduate from Arkansas-Little Rock in time to make the trip."

The big benefit - besides some community action in the Bahamas - is the 10 days of practice that are gained.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Link
"...The trip will be the first out of the country for the program since the summer of 1991."

I'm not sure where KS and other sources are getting their information on this. Unless I'm completely delusional, I traveled to Nassau in December of 2010 with my parents and future wife to see us beat Richmond 67-54.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I mean the games are obviously exhibitions, but it'd be nice to get a preview of some of the new faces

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Neither MGH or Smith will be playing on the trip.
Both are recovering from injuries. Both could play, but are being held out for precautionary reasons.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure where KS and other sources are getting their information on this. Unless I'm completely delusional, I traveled to Nassau in December of 2010 with my parents and future wife to see us beat Richmond 67-54.

Yeah, the press release probably had "international" referring to opponent not location of play.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They meant first preseason trip. We're allowed 1 every 4 years, we just never took them.