Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
My math was wrong, but its still funny.

Miami's last 12 games:
LOST: as #2 team in the country against 4-7 Pittsburgh, 14-24
LOST: against Clemson, 3-38
LOST: in a home bowl game against Wisconsin, 24-34
LOST: LSU, 17-33
WON/WON/WON/WON/WON: Savannah State, Toledo, FIU, UNCheat, FSU (combined 17-24 record)
LOST: Virginia, 13-16
LOST: Boston College: 14-27
LOST: Duke: 12-20

They've basically lost to anybody remotely average for the last 12 games. 5-7 overall the last 12 games, yet don't forget they've been ranked twice during that period. As high as #2 last year towards the end, and as high as #8 this year. That tells you all you need to know about media bias.

Interesting. Miami is still Duh U. Meaning, they have lots of good football players especially on defense. Their three linebackers are as good as any we will see this year. Offensive line has been described as mediocre and they have suffered from erratic, to say the least, quarterback play. That said, their two backs, Homer and the other one whose name escapes me, are good running backs and they always have elite receivers. I can see them putting it together and beating us good. The Rev has not forgotten how to coach. Two things in our favor: we are trending up with momentum and they are looking at the possibility of a lost season plus it is forecast to be cool on Saturday evening. We will see. Personally, I think if we do not turn the ball over we are in good shape. Run that damn bone and beat them into submission. Own time of possession and get the lead. Please, please, please, don't get cute and turn the ball over on the first series.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Miami fans should be pissed. They're spending a lot of money on that program and getting nothing back. They're a bad team, battling only lowly FSU for being one of the worst, most-overrated teams in the ACC, if not America.

Worst Bang For The Buck award goes to.....either FSU or Miami.

Probably, with UNC being a very distant third. Not sure if Louisville gets that level of talent or not. Probably not. In fact, FSU and Miami would get the Worst Bang award nationally. There may be someone in the SEC that could give them a run but don't think so.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 4437 View attachment 4438 View attachment 4439

Just some thoughts of miami fans. But remember this still is Miami. They have a ton of talent. WE MUST BE LOUD! THIS STADIUM MUST ROCK! LET THEM KNOW THEY AREN'T AT THE BEACH ANYMORE.

Let's sting the hell out of them!!!

They have been like this in years past, especially when poor old Randy Shannon was coaching and damn if they did not come out of the grave and whip us like a rented mule. Miami fans will take any excuse to get all excited but there are plenty of teams that would give their eyeteeth to have the talent and tradition that the U has. Man, they need to chill just a bit.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I hope our players aren't as confident as some fans on this board are. If Tobias plays most or all of the game I think we'll move the ball, otherwise they'll be able to stop us just as well as they have the last several years. Defense will need to create some turnovers and the offense needs to grind out at least 4 TDs for a win.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

This has the players currently on roster for each team.
#3 uga 8-1
#5 FSU 4-5
#6 Clemson 9-0
#17 Miami 5-4
#29 UNC 1-7
#31 VT 4-4
#35 Pitt 5-4
#39 Louisville
#40 Duke 6-3
#41 NC State 6-2
#50 GT 5-4

Think about what we could do with 2-3 offensive 4 stars and a couple more on defense. If we can just get a slight uptick in recruiting we can be a scary team. Also think about what would happen to a couple teams we play if their recruiting takes a slight down tick as well. What would their record be with our level of talent.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I hope our players aren't as confident as some fans on this board are. If Tobias plays most or all of the game I think we'll move the ball, otherwise they'll be able to stop us just as well as they have the last several years. Defense will need to create some turnovers and the offense needs to grind out at least 4 TDs for a win.

I hope our players aren’t as pessimistic as some fans on this board :p

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

#3 uga 8-1
#5 FSU 4-5
#6 Clemson 9-0
#17 Miami 5-4
#29 UNC 1-7
#31 VT 4-4
#35 Pitt 5-4
#39 Louisville
#40 Duke 6-3
#41 NC State 6-2
#50 GT 5-4

Think about what we could do with 2-3 offensive 4 stars and a couple more on defense. If we can just get a slight uptick in recruiting we can be a scary team. Also think about what would happen to a couple teams we play if their recruiting takes a slight down tick as well. What would their record be with our level of talent.
This uses the overall rankings. I think that's invalid for a year over year comparison due to the changes in the number of slots open. Imo, Tech is recruiting better then 50th place. (Not, mind you, that I don't think we can do better; we can.) However, the top ranks seem about right. It is certainly true that Clemson, FSU, UNC and da U out recruit everybody in the ACC. And that works for one of them. It's a study why three of these teams have suddenly found it hard to win. Coaching makes a difference, but that much?

And I sure don't think that the game on Saturday will be an easy win. They have plenty of talent and b0th teams are playing for a bowl bid. Indeed, if I were them I'd be looking at this as the game they have to win to play later; their schedule sure doesn't get easier going forward. Fortunately, we probably look at it the same way.

They didn't really stop us last year until it started raining. It really looked like our kids (or maybe coaches) were afraid of the rain.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not meltdown mode specifically, but I think this is a good article: https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...k-richt-miami-hurricanes-offense-quarterbacks
Seems like they have a great defense that they're wasting. They're below average on offense.

Here are the S&P+ rankings
GT Offense:...………...#17 ………. #9 : Miami Defense
GT Defense:...……...#104 ……… #73 : Miami Offense
GT Special Teams:...#99 ………#115 : Miami Special Teams

It's strength against strength and weakness against weakness. Miami's defense is one of the most disruptive in the NCAA--turnovers, getting into the backfield, forced fumbles. We'll need to block our best game and hold onto the ball better than ever.
On the other side, they can't pass and we can't cover. They have a limited playbook they use. The big threat as I see it is their QB scrambling for yards.

I could see this being a 21-17 game.

Both GT and Miami like to cause fumbles and both offense like to cause turnovers... this game is about not having turnovers!

Deleted member 2897

Both GT and Miami like to cause fumbles and both offense like to cause turnovers... this game is about not having turnovers!

Yep. Miami causes havoc to our offense somewhere less than Clemson but ahead of Duke. This is going to be a tough game. If Miami comes with low energy because they're having a bad year and we play well, we can win.

If anybody here has an ear of one of our players - have them build a gold Turnover chain replica. It must stay hidden the entire game, but if we are winning as time goes down and get a turnover, bring that mock replica out on the sidelines and Troll Baby Troll.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

#3 uga 8-1
#5 FSU 4-5
#6 Clemson 9-0
#17 Miami 5-4
#29 UNC 1-7
#31 VT 4-4
#35 Pitt 5-4
#39 Louisville
#40 Duke 6-3
#41 NC State 6-2
#50 GT 5-4

Whatever Miami and UNC's problems are, talent is not one of them.

MostDefinitely

Georgia Tech Fan
Yep. Miami causes havoc to our offense somewhere less than Clemson but ahead of Duke. This is going to be a tough game. If Miami comes with low energy because they're having a bad year and we play well, we can win.

If anybody here has an ear of one of our players - have them build a gold Turnover chain replica. It must stay hidden the entire game, but if we are winning as time goes down and get a turnover, bring that mock replica out on the sidelines and Troll Baby Troll.

That would be hilarious. We should smash a turnover chain replica w/ DMo's sledgehammer.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
My math was wrong, but its still funny.

Miami's last 12 games:
LOST: as #2 team in the country against 4-7 Pittsburgh, 14-24
LOST: against Clemson, 3-38
LOST: in a home bowl game against Wisconsin, 24-34
LOST: LSU, 17-33
WON/WON/WON/WON/WON: Savannah State, Toledo, FIU, UNCheat, FSU (combined 17-24 record)
LOST: Virginia, 13-16
LOST: Boston College: 14-27
LOST: Duke: 12-20

They've basically lost to anybody remotely average for the last 12 games. 5-7 overall the last 12 games, yet don't forget they've been ranked twice during that period. As high as #2 last year towards the end, and as high as #8 this year. That tells you all you need to know about media bias.

LOL at “#2 ranked”

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Quite true. We are talking about a program that is fully prepared to cheat (hookers and blow, remember) and make any academic exceptions necessary to become the bully they once were. If GT was making those kinds of 'sacrifices' and getting the W-L record they are getting, we'd be lynching the coach....
I am not sure about that. Richt had no reputation for cheating at Georgia and got fired. His problem always has been his in-game coaching. He is just not very good at it, very odd for a former QB. And, I hate to rain on my own parade, but we lost to him last year. We need to think less of running up a a score and more about getting enough scores. And while we are at it, maybe holding on to the football. It can't be that hard.

Deleted member 2897

I am not sure about that. Richt had no reputation for cheating at Georgia and got fired. His problem always has been his in-game coaching. He is just not very good at it, very odd for a former QB. And, I hate to rain on my own parade, but we lost to him last year. We need to think less of running up a a score and more about getting enough scores. And while we are at it, maybe holding on to the football. It can't be that hard.

I thought we had a good game plan last year - we blocked a little different than usual, used the perimeter and plays that mitigated against their LBs firing gaps...and actually showed pretty good success with it.

For example, our 1st half drives last year:
1) -5 yards, PUNT
2) 75 yards, TD
3) 70 yards, TD
4) 17 yards, PUNT
5) 38 yards, DOWNS - it was 4th and 7 on Miami's 26 and we had no kicker.

Miami had 3 PUNTS, 2 FG and then we got Roofed and Miami scored a TD right as the half was expiring.

The point is, we had 200 yards of offense in the 1st half last year and scored on 2 of 5 possessions and should have either a FG on a 3rd or at least a FGA.

Then the rain came and Benson was gone and we couldn't do much of anything at all. I like our chances in being able to move the ball. Miami is going to do exactly what they usually do on offense and defense, so we know what's coming.