yeeeeeesh, Miami fans are in full meltdown mode right now

Animal02

Banned
Now that the thread is cleaned up...some more Doom from Miami...talking the spread...

"GT will have it covered within 3-4 series and never look back.
Very curious to see if Johnson tests Miami's O early--by going for 4th and whatever at the GT 40+. Total disrespect and who could blame him?
It's actually a good bet to go on 4th down 15 yards outside Bubba's FG range.
Miami will likely 3-out and then punt for net 30 yards."

"This is a BAD matchup with Miami's potent 3-out offense leaving the defense on the field and exposed for 500 plays.
GT's attack will be given every opportunity to really wear them down...and another strong defensive performance WASTED by Richt's lack of leadership and incompetence."

"The TOP difference is going to be massive. GT will grind out 14 play, 85yd drives like they’re a well oiled machine. Meanwhile Perry or Rosier will 3 and out us to death in the 1st half as Richt finally tries 1 motion play completely confusing an already massively confused offense. 2nd half begins with another 14 play, 75yd drive out of GT, defense caves in. Rinse and repeat, finally score 31-9 Yellow Jackets"

"This game is going to set football offenses back about 50 years."

"Wow... it's sad when Vegas picks P. Johnson's offense over us. WTF"

"GT might not punt the entire game. What’s the over/under on GT punts? Take the under.

They’re going to grind us into the ground. Might look similar to the Shannon “tackle high” game.

This is a very bad team to play when your team is feeling sorry for itself and has packed it in.
Been saying that. When you pack it in the last thing you want are mongaloids diving at your knees praying they get 3.4 yards a carry."

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Now that the thread is cleaned up...some more Doom from Miami...talking the spread...

"GT will have it covered within 3-4 series and never look back.
Very curious to see if Johnson tests Miami's O early--by going for 4th and whatever at the GT 40+. Total disrespect and who could blame him?
It's actually a good bet to go on 4th down 15 yards outside Bubba's FG range.
Miami will likely 3-out and then punt for net 30 yards."

"This is a BAD matchup with Miami's potent 3-out offense leaving the defense on the field and exposed for 500 plays.
GT's attack will be given every opportunity to really wear them down...and another strong defensive performance WASTED by Richt's lack of leadership and incompetence."

"The TOP difference is going to be massive. GT will grind out 14 play, 85yd drives like they’re a well oiled machine. Meanwhile Perry or Rosier will 3 and out us to death in the 1st half as Richt finally tries 1 motion play completely confusing an already massively confused offense. 2nd half begins with another 14 play, 75yd drive out of GT, defense caves in. Rinse and repeat, finally score 31-9 Yellow Jackets"

"This game is going to set football offenses back about 50 years."

"Wow... it's sad when Vegas picks P. Johnson's offense over us. WTF"

"GT might not punt the entire game. What’s the over/under on GT punts? Take the under.

They’re going to grind us into the ground. Might look similar to the Shannon “tackle high” game.

This is a very bad team to play when your team is feeling sorry for itself and has packed it in.
Been saying that. When you pack it in the last thing you want are mongaloids diving at your knees praying they get 3.4 yards a carry."

Very funny stuff. And a good reminder that the majority of vocal complaining fans of every school are clueless about football in general.

This should be a very competitive game. We must play clean and win turnover battle. If we do we get the W I think. Gonna be a battle though. Miami D will be ready and confident, they’ve had just enough success to be over confident actually.

Deleted member 2897

I'm still laughing that Miami has lost 5 of 7.

Their previous 3 recruiting classes, independent of any transfers in, includes 2 5-star guys and 31 4-star guys. I mean that is just pathetic to lose so much with that much talent.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'm still laughing that Miami has lost 5 of 7.

Their previous 3 recruiting classes, independent of any transfers in, includes 2 5-star guys and 31 4-star guys. I mean that is just pathetic to lose so much with that much talent.

Amen, their fans should be in total meltdown mode. As pissed as we get for losing to duke just imagine how entitled they must feel with a team full of 4 and 5 star players!

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Now I have cleaned up this thread and hope it stays that way. All discussions about CPJ have been moved to another thread. Please do not continue those discussions here.
Thanks.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! But since virtually every thread is hijacked by the “never Johnsoners” that may lead to ONLY ONE THREAD!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
20181106_093716.jpg
Screenshot_20181106-092933_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20181106-092924_Chrome.jpg

Just some thoughts of miami fans. But remember this still is Miami. They have a ton of talent. WE MUST BE LOUD! THIS STADIUM MUST ROCK! LET THEM KNOW THEY AREN'T AT THE BEACH ANYMORE.

Let's sting the hell out of them!!!

Deleted member 2897

My math was wrong, but its still funny.

Miami's last 12 games:
LOST: as #2 team in the country against 4-7 Pittsburgh, 14-24
LOST: against Clemson, 3-38
LOST: in a home bowl game against Wisconsin, 24-34
LOST: LSU, 17-33
WON/WON/WON/WON/WON: Savannah State, Toledo, FIU, UNCheat, FSU (combined 17-24 record)
LOST: Virginia, 13-16
LOST: Boston College: 14-27
LOST: Duke: 12-20

They've basically lost to anybody remotely average for the last 12 games. 5-7 overall the last 12 games, yet don't forget they've been ranked twice during that period. As high as #2 last year towards the end, and as high as #8 this year. That tells you all you need to know about media bias.

slugboy

Staff member
Not meltdown mode specifically, but I think this is a good article: https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...k-richt-miami-hurricanes-offense-quarterbacks
Seems like they have a great defense that they're wasting. They're below average on offense.
With road trips ahead against Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech, Miami is 5-7 going back to the last three games of 2017.
The defense has been dynamite (ninth in S&P+, up from 22nd in 2017), creating more havoc plays (tackles for loss, passes defensed, forced fumbles) and run stuffs than anyone in FBS. It deserves better.

The run game has been inconsistent but was outstanding against Duke in a monsoon, getting a combined 257 yards in 30 carries from Travis Homer and Deejay Dallas. But the Hurricanes have no identity to lean on when they need points.

Development at the QB position has been extraordinarily lacking, and heading into the last three games Richt doesn’t know if he’s going to play Rosier, Perry, another redshirt freshman (Cade Weldon), or a true freshman (Jarren Williams).

Here are the S&P+ rankings
GT Offense:...………...#17 ………. #9 : Miami Defense
GT Defense:...……...#104 ……… #73 : Miami Offense
GT Special Teams:...#99 ………#115 : Miami Special Teams

It's strength against strength and weakness against weakness. Miami's defense is one of the most disruptive in the NCAA--turnovers, getting into the backfield, forced fumbles. We'll need to block our best game and hold onto the ball better than ever.
On the other side, they can't pass and we can't cover. They have a limited playbook they use. The big threat as I see it is their QB scrambling for yards.

I could see this being a 21-17 game.