WSB Trashing TECH RECRUITING

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Funny how the talent disparity doesn't show up on the field. And before somebody mentions the recent record, I'm talking about the game action and the disparity of talent, er lack there of, displayed on the field. When the vast majority of games go down to the wire, it's not saying much about the difference in talent.
I agree 99% with this.

The 1% that doesn't agree is 2013 Todd Gurley. Ouch.

SMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
Better than when on 680 the fan this morning they asked their guy covering signing day about GT, and he responded with something like, "Um, don't really know because I am not sure where I can find all the info on 1 and 2 star players"...

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Better than when on 680 the fan this morning they asked their guy covering signing day about GT, and he responded with something like, "Um, don't really know because I am not sure where I can find all the info on 1 and 2 star players"...
Rude

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The disrespect is earned. Win on the field GT will be heralded but when you go 3-9 & consistently have lower ranked recruiting classes it is what it is.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The disrespect is earned. Win on the field GT will be heralded but when you go 3-9 & consistently have lower ranked recruiting classes it is what it is.
Disagree strongly with first point. Criticism, yes. Disrespect, never.

aside: I can't understand why anybody wonders why CPJ has such disdain for the local media. I'd have less respect for coach if he licked their boots like some of you want.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Before this past season, GT had been to a bowl game almost 20 years in a row and had just come off one of its best seasons in the last 25 years. I'd hate to see the disrespect if we actually had a bad football program.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
None of what was said by WSB or Bradley is untrue. Fact: We are a .500 team since 2010. Fact: Our recruiting classes have been ranked at the bottom of the conference and pretty low nationally for quite a while. Gailey finally figured it out at the end by putting Giff in charge but deservedly lost his job due to his on field record. Outside of that we haven't recruited with the big boys since the Ross and O'leary years. Recruiting has ended in a huge dud due to missing out on all of our last few targets. Most of which would have probably been the kind of difference makers we need if you believe in the rankings. It sucks but the reality is that most highly rated kids don't want to play in our system and/or deal with the academics at Tech so we are fighting an uphill battle. The first we have control over but the second we don't. It is what it is. Kudos to the staff for being in it till the end but the downside is we once again have open spots that result in self imposed probation if not filled with quality talent.

The bottom line is regardless of rankings it's up to the recruits to bust their asses and develop to a higher level than their ranking and it's up to our staff to help them get there and win more games. If the staff can't achieve better than .500 results then it's up to the alumni to force the AA to make a change if you want to do better.

Some of you guys need to take off the gold colored glasses and accept where we are and quit being so sensitive to the media when they spit out the facts.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
None of what was said by WSB or Bradley is untrue. Fact: We are a .500 team since 2010. Fact: Our recruiting classes have been ranked at the bottom of the conference and pretty low nationally for quite a while. Gailey finally figured it out at the end by putting Giff in charge but deservedly lost his job due to his on field record. Outside of that we haven't recruited with the big boys since the Ross and O'leary years. Recruiting has ended in a huge dud due to missing out on all of our last few targets. Most of which would have probably been the kind of difference makers we need if you believe in the rankings. It sucks but the reality is that most highly rated kids don't want to play in our system and/or deal with the academics at Tech so we are fighting an uphill battle. The first we have control over but the second we don't. It is what it is. Kudos to the staff for being in it till the end but the downside is we once again have open spots that result in self imposed probation if not filled with quality talent.

The bottom line is regardless of rankings it's up to the recruits to bust their asses and develop to a higher level than their ranking and it's up to our staff to help them get there and win more games. If the staff can't achieve better than .500 results then it's up to the alumni to force the AA to make a change if you want to do better.

Some of you guys need to take off the gold colored glasses and accept where we are and quit being so sensitive to the media when they spit out the facts.
smh.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
It sucks but the reality is that most highly rated kids don't want to play in our system and/or deal with the academics at Tech so we are fighting an uphill battle.
Perhaps the two are linked? Also, can we end the Giff Smith myth already? The recruiting coordinator =/= sole recruiter.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Here's my take. Same ole same ole results in maybe A great season or one just like we just had. IF we get Robertson I would raise that thought a couple of notches. If we had gotten a couple that we just lost; I would have raised the future quite a bit!!!

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year, Eric said the staff thought the 2016 class could be the best ever signed at Tech.

lol

jason72

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think the coaches are as disappointed as some of the fans. I think they hit on alot of the players early in the process and some in the end. The last few guys would have just been icing on the cake. I truly think they got what they wanted out of this class. Both running backs where targeted early and committed early a few linemen that where offered early committed and the 2 linebackers have been committed for a long time. Plus I think we did pretty good with the 2 dlinemen that we got late. If education is not at the top of the list for theses kids we have no chance I don't care what the coaches do.

jason72

Georgia Tech Fan
I would like to see a list of all the kids that went all these football factories that have signed in the last 10 yrs or so and just see what they are doing and what they make compared to the kids that chose Tech or Vanderbilt or any school that is not all about football. I know 2 kids that have degrees from UGA football players that can't even get jobs. One got fired from his County job fixing potholes.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Disagree strongly with first point. Criticism, yes. Disrespect, never.

aside: I can't understand why anybody wonders why CPJ has such disdain for the local media. I'd have less respect for coach if he licked their boots like some of you want.
I know little about it, or what "media" you refer to -- though I do recall that hysterical (in my mind) radio exchange, but after all it is radio and allowances must be made -- but why does he? What have they done to him? Seriously. Because other than the radio thing -- he gets as decision on that one -- and somebody saying he seemed to want reporters to clear questions with him first, I haven't read a thing. And any reporter who would do that needs to be flipping hamburgers.