WR corps next year

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
A credible passing game has three components: (1) you must have a coach who will call the play, (2) you must have a passer who can deliver the ball to the right place and (3) you must have receivers who can get open, run the routes and catch the ball. You can have world class WRs with no catches if (1) and (2) are deficient...
With all due respect, I think you missed one, although it is contained #2. You must give said QB a chance to set his feet ( hard to do when he is thinking run first , even on pass plays IMO) with decent OL blocking. When forced to pass , TM looks like he has to throw high in the general area of the WR and pray.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The same things were basically said after 2014. I was a huge Ricky supporter and think he was the most important player on the field last year with regards to his blocking and catching but this is one position group I am entirely confortable with right now. Brad and Jalen have clearly shown they can block. I think Brad stays #2 and Camp takes over the Jeune roll. Sanders or Dolphus will take over Jalen's roll from last year depending on who can block better and they'll likely take over the #2 slot when Brad leaves. I honestly think we are set at WR for the next few years. Really love the guys we have there.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
With all due respect, I think you missed one, although it is contained #2. You must give said QB a chance to set his feet ( hard to do when he is thinking run first , even on pass plays IMO) with decent OL blocking. When forced to pass , TM looks like he has to throw high in the general area of the WR and pray.

Also related is that TaQuon is vertically challenged and could benefit greatly from passing lanes. Generating passing lanes is no easy feat for an offensive line. It seems like Doug Flutie had to have passing lanes because he couldn’t see above or around the linemen. TaQuon and Flutie are the same height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Also related is that TaQuon is vertically challenged and could benefit greatly from passing lanes. Generating passing lanes is no easy feat for an offensive line. It seems like Doug Flutie had to have passing lanes because he couldn’t see above or around the linemen. TaQuon and Flutie are the same height.

Passing lane generation requires holding blocks . We did ok against the dukes and virginia but only completed 9 of 36. Against the uga guys se did bot do a s sell.

For us its not easy w out a tight end and real mansize full back. Adding a 200# ab and 215#bb doesnt buy much time when its obvious passing down

Our o nly hoppe is coach can call the pass plays before we are behind and we can make some plays. Goin to be fun

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
As we often do when discussing total defense vs. efficiency adjust metric, we should adjust completion percentage to account for the high risk nature of the throws. This O will never have a 70% completion percentage throwing either on long down and distance or play action home-run balls. Our high percentage passes are the RT, though I would love if we could execute more smoke/slant/screen stuff.

Milwaukee

Banned
Premise of your op was spot on but the tone was bs. Yes this group is weak on paper, very weak. But I'm kind of looking forward to the new guys since the last wasn't stellar, for a variable of reasons. Someone will break out, Lord willing.

Edit: @bwelbo nailed it

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
My preference is to only throw 4-5 times a game, all deep balls in an effort to either score quick or keep the D honest. So this group of good sized athletes look ideally suited for the offense and I believe they will make the most of their opportunities. When having to throw out of desperation, sure there could be an improvement, but I'll take the scrambling, backyard approach and live with it.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The last few games of the year it looked we did not have a f'ing clue what we were doing out there. I think the goal was to run out there, try to not run into anybody and hope they did not kill our QB. TM had the look of a deer in the headlights and our coaching staff looked to have their heads up their butts.

I still love them but damn we need to do better.

Go Jackets!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I actually thought our pass blocking improved a bit last year, albeit, it needs more improvement this year.
About mid year they took out will bryan and subbed in shamire - imo - to do more passing . They went wholesale in virginia and duke. Watch every offensive gt play virginia and duke - we did pass 36 times ( 9 complete and 3 int) and tq scrambled ( some called) abo ut 10 times. I would rate the blocking good at least 50% , ok 25% and not good 25%. Suggest each person watch as it is pretty quick ( we dont have the ball very much).

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The last few games of the year it looked we did not have a f'ing clue what we were doing out there. I think the goal was to run out there, try to not run into anybody and hope they did not kill our QB. TM had the look of a deer in the headlights and our coaching staff looked to have their heads up their butts.

I still love them but damn we need to do better.

Go Jackets!

Our “team” didn’t look like a team at all near the end of the season. I still believe that on top of losing too many heartbreakers there was some bad mojo in the locker room. I hope they rectified whatever was going on.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Our “team” didn’t look like a team at all near the end of the season. I still believe that on top of losing too many heartbreakers there was some bad mojo in the locker room. I hope they rectified whatever was going on.

Agree !!

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
A credible passing game has three components: (1) you must have a coach who will call the play, (2) you must have a passer who can deliver the ball to the right place and (3) you must have receivers who can get open, run the routes and catch the ball. You can have world class WRs with no catches if (1) and (2) are deficient...
Our pass blocking was atrocious which is a key missing factor from your analysis...

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow

Isn't he the same size as juston thomas?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk