Wow...ACC moving Football Championship Game out of Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The city of Charlotte is where the original statute was created to allow a "trans" to use any bathroom. The NC legislature decided they did not want individual municipalities to create differing laws on this topic so they passed an overriding state law. It has now created a politicized can of worms. It probably would not have been such a big deal except it has become an election issue for the Democratic party. They are using the economic impact to the state as leverage against it. The NCAA may have put pressure on the ACC since they have already pulled several scheduled NCAA tournaments out of the state over this. A bigger issue in the law seems to be that they force discrimination law suits into the federal courts and not state courts.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think there are a couple possibilities Atlanta or somewhere in Florida. I don't think you gonna play further north of Charlotte due to the weather. I think the turnaround in Atlanta can be done between the two championship games but I think the optics of having a full stadium for one game and a half full stadium for the other will be bad. That's why I think it'll be a Florida city . Which leaves you Jacksonville Orlando and Tampa. I would also think they would want to play in a NFL stadium so that leaves you with Jacksonville and Tampa. The other option would be to play the game at the home stadium of one of the teams. It could alternate between the coastal and Atlantic each year.

I think there are a couple possibilities Atlanta or somewhere in Florida. I don't think you gonna play further north of Charlotte due to the weather. I think the turnaround in Atlanta can be done between the two championship games but I think the optics of having a full stadium for one game and a half full stadium for the other will be bad. That's why I think it'll be a Florida city . Which leaves you Jacksonville Orlando and Tampa. I would also think they would want to play in a NFL stadium so that leaves you with Jacksonville and Tampa. The other option would be to play the game at the home stadium of one of the teams. It could alternate between the coastal and Atlantic each year.
If either Clemson or FSU are playing, it won't be half-empty in Atlanta, unless the opponent is Pitt, BC, Duke, or UVA. But that problem will exist at any stadium in Florida too. Since Tech took 20,000 to Dublin, I think we would sell our share in Atlanta if we were playing. I'm pretty sure VT would sell their share if they represented the coastal.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The original Charlotte ordinance was stupid and unnecessary. The N.C. Legislature state law was even more stupid and unnecessary. The Education Department (Obama) response was even more stupid and unnecessary. NCAA, NFL, ACC respondes........I think u get my drift. It's a whole lot of stupid spiraling out of control.

Let trannys pee n poop where they want. If an adult male enters a female bathroom and commits a sex offense.....no pro LGBT bathroom freedom law will protect that act legally.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow, the ACC is North Carolina. Speaking of bathrooms, hard to believe the ACC would take a big dump on the old home state. I guess they will have to kick UNC, Duke, NC State and Wake Forest out of the conference. No way they can allow competition to continue at those NC venues.

Go Jackets!

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
If either Clemson or FSU are playing, it won't be half-empty in Atlanta, unless the opponent is Pitt, BC, Duke, or UVA. But that problem will exist at any stadium in Florida too. Since Tech took 20,000 to Dublin, I think we would sell our share in Atlanta if we were playing. I'm pretty sure VT would sell their share if they represented the coastal.
The new stadium seats 71k, I just don't see you getting 35k fans from the other side. I go every year to the Orange Bowl and the only game that has been a sell out was the National Championship game (Bama vs nd). cu and ou didn't sell out last year for the 1st round of the playoffs.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I understand that this thread is important to our football forum & recognize that it is wrapped in political rhetoric. I would like to keep the conversation going so I don't want to lock the thread. Please take a step back before posting something that could be considered a personal attack. Thanks.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Orlando is a strong possibility for football, but they also have the FL high school playoffs that weekend. Atlanta is out since it hosts the sec title game. Nashville would be good, but no ACC connection there. So where now? Washington? Miami?
Back to Tampa! Maybe we'll play Wake Forest again.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Atlanta a day after the SEC game. Best place period.

Yeah the idiots running the ACC are going to override the NFL from playing that day in their own stadium.
MUCH bigger issue is the elitist attitude of most schools in the ACC. They claim to be smarter, that our academics are superior. Yet almost every day of the year they prove how truly Stupid, and sadly hypocritical in this case, they truly are.
GOLD OUT Saturday - Nope
SHOVE IT BUD Saturday.
Man is not worthy of a GT & taxpayer paycheck.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Back to Tampa! Maybe we'll play Wake Forest again.
slide_324961_3107881_free.gif

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Extortion, pure and simple. 0.3% of the population, and they are worried about some kind of perceived discrimination, when it's the other 99.7% who are really the ones being discriminated against. But if the NCAA is going to pull this kind of crap (with the ACC following suit), then why not kick out BYU and Pepperdine and other "religious" schools which totally discriminate against gays and trannies?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.