Wow...ACC moving Football Championship Game out of Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extortion, pure and simple. 0.3% of the population, and they are worried about some kind of perceived discrimination, when it's the other 99.7% who are really the ones being discriminated against. But if the NCAA is going to pull this kind of crap (with the ACC following suit), then why not kick out BYU and Pepperdine and other "religious" schools which totally discriminate against gays and trannies?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I live in NC. One of the problems is that it has become a political issue for the Governors race and state legislature which became Republican for the first time in the last election. Swafford was AD at UNC and UNC is about as liberal as they come at that school. I am sorry to see the ACC office becoming that political. One of the problems that I see is that there is no legal definition of transgender under the NC law so not sure who is actually excluded.

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
Orlando is a strong possibility for football, but they also have the FL high school playoffs that weekend. Atlanta is out since it hosts the sec title game. Nashville would be good, but no ACC connection there. So where now? Washington? Miami?

Orlando is a strong possibility for football, but they also have the FL high school playoffs that weekend. Atlanta is out since it hosts the sec title game. Nashville would be good, but no ACC connection there. So where now? Washington? Miami?
I would imagine that Atlanta could find a way to accommodate, but let the ACC and NCAA figure that out, since they already know so much. SHEESH

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I live in NC. One of the problems is that it has become a political issue for the Governors race and state legislature which became Republican for the first time in the last election. Swafford was AD at UNC and UNC is about as liberal as they come at that school. I am sorry to see the ACC office becoming that political. One of the problems that I see is that there is no legal definition of transgender under the NC law so not sure who is actually excluded.
The entire board of ACC college presidents deliberated and voted on the issue, not the ACC office, whatever that is. Blame the school presidents if you have to cast blame.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Move it to the Redskins stadium in Landover.
The stadium has terrible sight lines and they don't really take good care of the turf. It will be a mess by december. Not the worst venue by my relatives who are season ticket holders still wish they played at rfk

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Lets play in Athens, so while we play in our Conference Championship, the dwags can witness from the peanut gallery.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Well let's see.
Oh yeah, ATL is going to compromise having the SECCG for the sake of the acccg. Right.

The ACCCG in Fla was such a huge success. Right.

So when does lil Buddy boy make us stop playing games in N.C.?

Maybe take us out of the ACC if he can't. We were such a huge success as an Indy after the dip****s took us out of the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.