would you take richt over cpj?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
slow week question that relates to the ajc 'fire richt' articles.

if money was not an issue. would you trade cpj to uga for coach richt?

richt becomes our coach and cpj becomes uga coach! staffs stay put.

me? id stick with cpj!

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
slow week question that relates to the ajc 'fire richt' articles.

if money was not an issue. would you trade cpj to uga for coach richt?

richt becomes our coach and cpj becomes uga coach! staffs stay put.

me? id stick with cpj!
Money is always the issue...not just for the head coach but for all the coordinators...

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For me the answer is simple because you wouldn't even need to include a name for the hypothetical coach in question. I wouldn't prefer ANY coach to CPJ, if the truth be told. The fact that Richt has leg humper blood in him now makes it only that much more resounding a rejection.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
I say no, and it's for one reason: He is a poor disciplinarian. Great coach, great recruiter, but he just doesn't have control of his team. One of the many things to love about CPJ is that he enforces serious discipline on our team. You mess around and you're off the team. Boom. Done. How many of Richt's players have gotten arrested over years and gotten off with little to no punishment? Hr bred that culture of enititlement softness that is now destroying his team.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
No. We get more out of our talent than 95% of top programs in the country IMO. CPJ does good developing the talent we get AND he prepares our young men to succeed in life. Very few coaches do both as well as CPJ. He has set the bar pretty high IMO.

If CPJ decided to retire my choice would be Dino Babers.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
CPJ over them all...including Saban. I would love to see the big time coaches try and recruit at Tech though. Can you inagine Saban's implosion when the Hill turned down the big stud DT he sold his wife to get committed? Hazmat would be needed to contain that meltdown lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.