Would 9-3 satisfy?

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Well, now. Big, little or no shot at all, the fact is that with no WRs, no Abacks, and no Bbacks, it is a rebuilding year. The optimism is that athletes are in place to ratchet it up, I gather. I'd hate to finish off at eight, hope for double digits, and want nine, but I understand the argument. I consider myself one of the cautiously optimistic people. With the caveat that if we get nine wins or more this season, somebody better watch out in '16. But first, '15.
Yes 16 is what myself and others are saying! So with 9 or more in a rebuilding year would be huge for Ga. Tech!!!

One of the big shots on this board made a statement that one of the asst. coaches said this will be a rebuilding year! The big shot said he thought 8 wins. I say 9 would be GREAT and in a rebuilding year!!!! My o my!!! I do believe 9 is very possible, and I would be standing TALL!!!!
I also think this is a rebuilding year also. We lost to many weapons on offense. If the defense doesn't carry their own weight , we could be in some trouble.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
9-3 would be great, esp with the schedule. I'd be ok with 8-4.

9-3 basically means we had an even record against @ Notre Dame, @ Clemson, FSU, VT, @ Miami, uga. Even if we lost to Clemson, FSU, and uga, we still would beat Notre Dame and Miami on the road and VT at home.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd be satisfied with most 9-3 scenarios. Not winning Coastal would suck. But just plan to enjoy the season game by game. If we get better like we did last year and whip the over rated SEC teams at the end of the season, all the better.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Against the schedule we have a quantitative figure like 9-3 sounds good.

Really though I just want to see a team that goes out and competes its *** off, never gives up, and works hard as hell week to week to get better. That's what we had last year. Usually you'll win your share when you do that but not always.

Also a team that continues to kick *** in the classroom and is good off the field. A bunch I can be proud of. That's what I want.

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
9-3 would, as some here have alluded to, mean that we beat at least a 3 from the Uga, ND, Miami, Clemson, VPI, FSU group.
Any win from that group plus a 9 win total would be a very nice season. Also like other have said 9 wins with one of them being the mutts would be great! If another of the wins was the hunchbacks - better still. Also, I want to destroy dook.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
I think we beat ND with Jabari/Gotsis/Freeman/PJ Davis roughing up their in experienced QB.
Lose to Clemson on a last min drive by Watson or we lose in OT.
Beat FSU at home, we have been too close to beating them when they were actually decent (ACC Championship 2012 we were not a good team... and last year I honestly think we could have won). I think without them having Jameis us having JT5 we will take this one.
Finally, and I say Finally, we beat UGA on the flats!

I have said all that to say this... we go 10-2 in the regular season losing to Clemson and one that we shouldn't but will help us get our mind right (either Duke/UNC/Pitt/UVA). THen we have a rematch against Clemson in the ACCCG and we win that one... bowl game/CFP fall as they may...

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Yes 16 is what myself and others are saying! So with 9 or more in a rebuilding year would be huge for Ga. Tech!!!
I would not call this a rebuilding year. This is normal graduation and attrition rates that are going to happen every year. On D we return 8 of 11 starters plus having more experienced depth than last year.

Lose one on the OL and again good experienced depth. We have returning experienced AB plus some damn good potential AB. BB not much experience but CPJ knows how to fit the pieces to get a good B back on the field. WR we lost 2 top guys but we have more depth and potential at that position than in the CPJ era. The key is how quickly and how well our backs and WR learn to block.

On D do we keep improving our tackling skills as we did last year and JHD being eligible.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@GTech63:

Very well put. Look at FSU and Clemson who are not only losing a ton on both sides of the football, but they had several players unexpectedly leave early and those losses are always very hard to fix.

A prime example of having too many players leave early is currently on display at LSU who have fallen behind in the SEC West due to approximately 18 players declare early for the NFL draft the past several years. GT has kids who stay and graduate. Or if they stop playing football it's because of a medical situation and the staff can plan for those rare instances in recruiting another player or two in the upcoming or current recruiting class.

BUT 18 players leaving early in two years like LSU had just takes its toll on a program. That is why the Notre Dame win against LSU in the bowl game isn't that impressive to me going into South Bend next season.

I tend to focus more on the Domers loss to USC 49 to 14 to end the season as well as the following scores from last season by the Fighting Irish:

Win against Navy at Fedex Field 49 to 39;

Win over the Tar Heels 50 to 43 in South Bend;

Loss to Arizona State 55 to 31;

Loss to Northwestern 43 to 40 in South Bend;

The Brian Van Gorder led defense doesn't impress me. Let's see what he does against the triple option of GT?

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I would not call this a rebuilding year. This is normal graduation and attrition rates that are going to happen every year. On D we return 8 of 11 starters plus having more experienced depth than last year.

Lose one on the OL and again good experienced depth. We have returning experienced AB plus some damn good potential AB. BB not much experience but CPJ knows how to fit the pieces to get a good B back on the field. WR we lost 2 top guys but we have more depth and potential at that position than in the CPJ era. The key is how quickly and how well our backs and WR learn to block.

On D do we keep improving our tackling skills as we did last year and JHD being eligible.
Just quoting a big shot!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If Thomas stays healthy then 9-3 is our basement I hope! That being said, like many have stated if those 9 wins include a win over ugag at Bobby Dodd then i'll take it gratefully!

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
Would be fine with me. That means we got one of VT, Clemson, Georgia, and Notre Dame, at worst. That's not too bad.

Of course, I would love and sort of expect even more (I have my homer tendencies), but I'm never excessively disappointed by any season. I'll pull through the Jackets through thick and thin.