Would 9-3 satisfy?

Twenty wins across two seasons (with the potential for 21 in the bowl), probably 2 wins from the gang of five, Notre Dame, Georgia, Va Tech, Miami, and Clemson, and winning the balance of our "should win" games. I think nine wins this year would be a spectacular achievement. There is so much talk about how good we could be, but wouldn't 9-3, with a bowl, but, alas, no Coastal title be enough? Or has the bar been raised just a wee bit higher?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If 9-3 and home win vs uga that is a great season for me! I wont cry about it. I think people expecting 10-11 wins are a bit over the top.

But 9-3 with a uga, notre dame, fsu or clemson loss. I would be eh.....not a great 9-3 but still 9-3 and we beat miami vt duke and fsu or clemson or nd so not awful but uga is the linchpin for me.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Does that include a W over the Dawgs? I was at the last win over UGA at BDS. It's been too long.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
9-3 would be a good ROI. Anytime you win three times as many games as you lose, who can complain...especially with a difficult schedule.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
9-3 with a win over GA I could live with quite easily. But that would include a loss or two I wouldn't be overly thrilled with ;)

I know, that's equivocal......

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Twenty wins across two seasons (with the potential for 21 in the bowl), probably 2 wins from the gang of five, Notre Dame, Georgia, Va Tech, Miami, and Clemson, and winning the balance of our "should win" games. I think nine wins this year would be a spectacular achievement. There is so much talk about how good we could be, but wouldn't 9-3, with a bowl, but, alas, no Coastal title be enough? Or has the bar been raised just a wee bit higher?

You might want to add fsu to your murderers row there

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
9-3 would be great. With all that we lost from last year and you throw in the brutal schedule, absolutely.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
9-3 with a win over GA I could live with quite easily. But that would include a loss or two I wouldn't be overly thrilled with ;)

I know, that's equivocal......
9-3 satisfy but happy if win coastal , ecstatic if win coastal and beat dawgs, delirious if also win ACCCG. beyond that would be incredible. We have the potential to do all that but a lot of things have to fall in place like past year.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
A win over UGAg is a good season for me. 9-3 is kinda what I expect. I am good with that, if one of those 9 wins includes UGAg that is even better.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
9-3 with a win over Georgia would do very well. 9-3, and it was contorted to win the Coastal but lose to Georgia, I'd take that. Nine wins against that schedule, however we get them, is an achievement. Now, fix the defense and see what happens.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
9-3 with a win over Georgia would do very well. 9-3, and it was contorted to win the Coastal but lose to Georgia, I'd take that. Nine wins against that schedule, however we get them, is an achievement. Now, fix the defense and see what happens.
One of the big shots on this board made a statement that one of the asst. coaches said this will be a rebuilding year! The big shot said he thought 8 wins. I say 9 would be GREAT and in a rebuilding year!!!! My o my!!! I do believe 9 is very possible, and I would be standing TALL!!!!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If it's 9-3 with a win over Georgia I'm stoked. If it's 9-3 with losses to Georgia, FSU, and Clemson I'd be pretty bummed.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
One of the big shots on this board made a statement that one of the asst. coaches said this will be a rebuilding year! The big shot said he thought 8 wins. I say 9 would be GREAT and in a rebuilding year!!!! My o my!!! I do believe 9 is very possible, and I would be standing TALL!!!!
Well, now. Big, little or no shot at all, the fact is that with no WRs, no Abacks, and no Bbacks, it is a rebuilding year. The optimism is that athletes are in place to ratchet it up, I gather. I'd hate to finish off at eight, hope for double digits, and want nine, but I understand the argument. I consider myself one of the cautiously optimistic people. With the caveat that if we get nine wins or more this season, somebody better watch out in '16. But first, '15.