Worth 8.7 Mill

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
MM and DM are completely different types of backs. It's not apples to apples so it's hard to say who is better. To some, the homerun threat is the deciding factor and to others it's more of a power back being the deciding factor.

Both are legit ballers imo.
Agreed.
This thread has made me wish we had a season highlight reel of DM. Didn't see anything on Youtube yet.

Who's gonna make my day?
Precisely. I have read many a Swarm fan go on and on about the tough MM run against UGAg breaking tackles etc (and rightfully so) while lamenting his departure. Well, heck, I have been thinking, didn't DM produce about 8 or 10 similar runs over the course of the season?

Milwaukee

Banned
Precisely. I have read many a Swarm fan go on and on about the tough MM run against UGAg breaking tackles etc (and rightfully so) while lamenting his departure. Well, heck, I have been thinking, didn't DM produce about 8 or 10 similar runs over the course of the season?

The use of that particular run as an example, which I originally posted (because I'm awesome), was because so many were insisting that MM had no power and couldn't run through tackles. As if that talk was necessary to legitimize DM.

Exhibit A put that crap to rest real quick.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The use of that particular run as an example, which I originally posted (because I'm awesome), was because so many were insisting that MM had no power and couldn't run through tackles. As if that talk was necessary to legitimize DM.

Exhibit A put that crap to rest real quick.
MM and JD both had a couple of highlight reel runs where they trucked or dragged defenders. I hit a homerun once in a little league baseball game.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What was nesbitt in 2009?

Mills is a mauler. Second level wants nothing to do with him. He runs alot like joe frank burns but may be more put together.
He reminds me of this dude:

(guess who?)

m-8200.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What will be interesting in 2017 is how much MJ gets used inside the 5 yard as opposed to Mills. If you look at that Mills highlight, a good number of his TDs were in that zone. With MJ and his size, we'll see more QB follows and midlines.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Of the two, I'm glad we got Mills.
Definitely, Mills fits the offense a lot more. MM may have 15 carries for 80 yards but one carry may be 60 yards and the offense would stall on several drives, DM may have that same number where his longest carry may be 15 yards. DM makes our defense better by keeping them on the sideline.

I will say MM really came into form towards the end of last year and wish him nothing but the best.