Worth 8.7 Mill

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So, after seeing a few FB folks clamor about how Mills should've of never started over MM, I began to peruse through some stats and came across an eye popping nerd stat:

Mills avg. 8.7pts/gm

That is the most since Tevin QB followed himself to a 20 TD season and 8.6pts/gm

The 2nd highest BBack pt/gm is Dwyer at 6.2
Even if you try to balance the numbers so the games would equal, Mills would still avg. 6pts/gm and be drop to 2nd amongst BBacks in 9 season.
Pretty impressive

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/team/255/scoring/index.html

GTFLETCH

Banned
Good Stat... I am not sure while people doubted DM starting over MM. I mean DM beat him out?? You get what you earn #Believe It

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks "Ballin". People who like to bring up MM's ave YPC need to stop and think for a minute. How many of DM's carries ended in the EZ? That reduces a RB's RPC stat. DM is a pretty darned hard RB to stop. That is all I know. Ask "Ballin", if he were back there at LB, who would he rather have HAD to stop for a 2 yard gain, JD, MM or DM? I think I know what the answer would be.

Milwaukee

Banned
Thanks "Ballin". People who like to bring up MM's ave YPC need to stop and think for a minute. How many of DM's carries ended in the EZ? That reduces a RB's RPC stat. DM is a pretty darned hard RB to stop. That is all I know. Ask "Ballin", if he were back there at LB, who would he rather have HAD to stop for a 2 yard gain, JD, MM or DM? I think I know what the answer would be.

MM and DM are completely different types of backs. It's not apples to apples so it's hard to say who is better. To some, the homerun threat is the deciding factor and to others it's more of a power back being the deciding factor.

Both are legit ballers imo.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
So, after seeing a few FB folks clamor about how Mills should've of never started over MM, I began to peruse through some stats and came across an eye popping nerd stat:

Mills avg. 8.7pts/gm

That is the most since Tevin QB followed himself to a 20 TD season and 8.6pts/gm

The 2nd highest BBack pt/gm is Dwyer at 6.2
Even if you try to balance the numbers so the games would equal, Mills would still avg. 6pts/gm and be drop to 2nd amongst BBacks in 9 season.
Pretty impressive

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/team/255/scoring/index.html

Mills may (may mind you) redefine the prototype of the perfect B Back. Hitherto, I was of the opinion that never again in my lifetime (hyperbole I know but bear with me here) would we see the likes of Jonathan Dwyer. That we would spend a decade or more fruitlessly searching for a B Back that could at least come close to his gifts. Well, Mills is certainly a different sort of animal and yes he has the benefit of probably far better offensive line but we may have our man.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Mills is a freight train. He doesn't have breakaway speed, but he doesn't need to. The tackles he breaks at the second level are enough to draw the attention of the safeties to where we should get more long runs from the A backs. But even better, the guy absolutely will not be denied at the goal line. I can think of at least three times where he drug multiple defenders into the end zone with him (Clemson, Georgia, Vandy) and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
So do we need to redefine what a home run threat is? 13 TDs in 9 games is what many would consider a home run threat

If I were a typical 185 pounds or so corner back and Mills was bearing down on me like the runaway freight train that he is I just might decide discretion is the better part of valor and do the ankle biting thing after the obligatory initial pop of course but that's just me I am sure there are other brave souls who will want to face plant Mr. Mills straight up. OK but I bet you won't do that more than once. So yeah, in that sense he has become a home run threat of sorts.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
This thread has made me wish we had a season highlight reel of DM. Didn't see anything on Youtube yet.

Who's gonna make my day?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Mills is the kinda guy that wears down a D over the course of a game and by the 4th qtr is unstoppable. To me, that is just as awesome and exciting as a guy who can break off a 80 yd run because he's fast.