Will Jordan Yates see the field?

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with Wrecked (gasp!). I don't think Yates sniffs the field unless the current three determine their pecking order OR crap the bed.
Great minds Forensic! Having depth at QB is never a problem and I hope next year we see serious competition between all guys at the position. As I've posted before, O'Leary made a quote at one of his Lunches with George, the further you are from the ball position wise, the quicker you see the field. I think that still applies.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Based on the small amount of film I've seen and us trying to hit certain measurables at each position, I don't see him playing significant snaps this year or starting games at GT in the future, barring injuries.

Agree to disagree on his film, but not so sure about the measurables part. We offered another 5'11" QB this cycle. If we are targeting linemen that are 6'5" to 6'7", it doesn't make much difference if the QB is 5'11" (Yates) or 6'2" (Gleason).

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I hope all of this is true. And it could be. But what information are you using to come to this conclusion before he’s taken a college snap? I’m legitimately asking. Are you basing these statements on his success versus high school competition? Do you have an “insider” who is giving you practice updates? Is it just a gut feeling?

Gut feeling...Got to watch several of his games last year.... Missing the spring really hurt his chances to play early... He will need more time to adjust to the speed, but has the confidence and attitude, plus i just loves the way he competes.. I just don't think LJ is gonna take the job.. He's had his chance and couldn't beat out TO.. TO doesn't look like he's gonna throw for a high enough completion % ... JG is still a wildcard, but i liked some of the things I saw Thurs night.... Still early, just a feeling..