Will Jordan Yates see the field?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd take GT all day and give points. There's no way Tech should lose to this USF team. There's no way we should have lost last year. Obviously , our loss last year shows it can happen, but it should be a fluke.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I thought only ATL players travelled. I guess I misunderstood the concept. I think he might get in for some mop up snaps but not play any meaningful downs unless our current three QB's really are struggling. Better to redshirt and keep his four years.
If you’re UTL you can wave money cards on the sideline.

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I think Yates will be starting or getting tons of snaps by the end of the season...and will not redshirt.. Hate putting this kind of pressure on a kid that young but i just think he has it.. He has the accuracy to be awesome at what it looks we we want to do on offense... There is not another qb on the roster that can bring what this kid has and he could possibly cause a transfer or two.. Could be wrong, actually hope i am, but the current qb's are athlete's trying to be a qb, and Yates already is !

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I think Yates will be starting or getting tons of snaps by the end of the season...and will not redshirt.. Hate putting this kind of pressure on a kid that young but i just think he has it.. He has the accuracy to be awesome at what it looks we we want to do on offense... There is not another qb on the roster that can bring what this kid has and he could possibly cause a transfer or two.. Could be wrong, actually hope i am, but the current qb's are athlete's trying to be a qb, and Yates already is !

This is my feeling too, based on watching about half his games at Milton last year. Its just hard to know how quick he will pick up the offense. If he early enrolled, maybe he would be a day 1 starter.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I hope all of this is true. And it could be. But what information are you using to come to this conclusion before he’s taken a college snap? I’m legitimately asking. Are you basing these statements on his success versus high school competition? Do you have an “insider” who is giving you practice updates? Is it just a gut feeling?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I hope all of this is true. And it could be. But what information are you using to come to this conclusion before he’s taken a college snap? I’m legitimately asking. Are you basing these statements on his success versus high school competition? Do you have an “insider” who is giving you practice updates? Is it just a gut feeling?

I know you asked him, but for me, it's his film against HS competition in the highest classification in one of the most talent-rich states in the country. Tuck Gleason and Jordan Yates are next year's competition for QB, IMO. And I say that as someone who really likes Graham.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I know you asked him, but for me, it's his film against HS competition in the highest classification in one of the most talent-rich states in the country. Tuck Gleason and Jordan Yates are next year's competition for QB, IMO. And I say that as someone who really likes Graham.
Makes sense. Was he a late bloomer and/or have a ton of weapons around him? I see on his 247 page that GT was his best offer. Did he not go to camps? Everything I’ve heard is he’s a baller so I’m excited.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Makes sense. Was he a late bloomer and/or have a ton of weapons around him? I see on his 247 page that GT was his best offer. Did he not go to camps? Everything I’ve heard is he’s a baller so I’m excited.

He didn't get his 4th star on Rivals until he led his team to a state title. His lack of offers is curious. His height could be a factor.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
He didn't get his 4th star on Rivals until he led his team to a state title. His lack of offers is curious. His height could be a factor.

IMO, two things hurt him. One was his height, and the other was his commitment to GT. He was firmly committed to GT and while most schools would be willing to poach WRs or RBs from us, once CPJ offered you as a QB you were rarely going to get another offer from a P5 school as a QB.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Will Jordan Yates see the field? This is horrible does he have an eyesight problem? I would think from the sidelines he could see the field. Is there a problem all the tall players stand in front and he can't see over them ? I understand if that is the problem he can't tell them to sit down cause some on here get upset about that when people say to sit down so I can see.
Realistically I think he is a great QB but he doesn't have as much practice time in due to not being here in the spring. I would think they would get him in 3 or 4 games this year and depending how he does the coaches will decide to redshirt or keep playing him.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
IMO, two things hurt him. One was his height, and the other was his commitment to GT. He was firmly committed to GT and while most schools would be willing to poach WRs or RBs from us, once CPJ offered you as a QB you were rarely going to get another offer from a P5 school as a QB.

Makes sense. Another thing about offers is they are all self reported, usually via social media. He may not have tweeted any additional offers if he did get them. He doesn't seem to really seek attention. Reportedly, teams were sniffing around after the coaching change, but CGC did a nice job locking him down and getting him to sign in December. Credit to CPJ for building a strong relationship with him on GT's behalf, as well.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
What on Earth besides the fact he's a backup QB who hasn't played a down makes everyone believe Yates is significantly better than the guys ahead of him?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
What on Earth besides the fact he's a backup QB who hasn't played a down makes everyone believe Yates is significantly better than the guys ahead of him?

Judging by the responses, not everyone thinks that. A few of us do, but its just an opinion based on what we saw of him in high school and what we haven't yet seen from any of our other guys, mainly throwing accuracy. But, we'll see. Could be wrong.

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on the small amount of film I've seen and us trying to hit certain measurables at each position, I don't see him playing significant snaps this year or starting games at GT in the future, barring injuries.