Wild happenings at UGA

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
How can you tell if he's getting credit for their talent over being coached up? Just because he has good talent on the field doesn't mean he's not coaching them up, if that's the case you could use that for any team in the country, that they are just getting it done because of their talent and coaching isn't doing anything. Yes they have good talent but without them being coached up they would plateau not long after getting to college. At FSU he had the 3rd ranked D in the nation, they were first in scoring, interceptions, and 2nd in passing D. Idc how good of recruits you have, that is very good coaching/game preparation. He also seemed to do well at bama.

I just don't see his Ds excelling over and above the talent level. And maybe his complete lack of ethics colors my view but I don't hold in high regards in any aspect

How can you tell if he's getting credit for their talent over being coached up? Just because he has good talent on the field doesn't mean he's not coaching them up, if that's the case you could use that for any team in the country, that they are just getting it done because of their talent and coaching isn't doing anything. Yes they have good talent but without them being coached up they would plateau not long after getting to college. At FSU he had the 3rd ranked D in the nation, they were first in scoring, interceptions, and 2nd in passing D. Idc how good of recruits you have, that is very good coaching/game preparation. He also seemed to do well at bama.
And yet there didn't seem to be much of an effort by FSU to keep him last winter when he left. The newspapers had already turned against him, and the fans whose comments I read didn't seem to care much that he left.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
And yet there didn't seem to be much of an effort by FSU to keep him last winter when he left. The newspapers had already turned against him, and the fans whose comments I read didn't seem to care much that he left.
I see what YALL are saying about him being someone you don't want in your locker room. I didn't know all the junk he has going on, and if it's that bad I wouldn't want him either. My point is that he's still a good coach, and recruiter, just because he has that junk doesn't take away from his ability to know the game.

I see what YALL are saying about him being someone you don't want in your locker room. I didn't know all the junk he has going on, and if it's that bad I wouldn't want him either. My point is that he's still a good coach, and recruiter, just because he has that junk doesn't take away from his ability to know the game.
Well, I would be willing to bet that he won't be DC in Athens next year. We shall see.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I just don't see his Ds excelling over and above the talent level. And maybe his complete lack of ethics colors my view but I don't hold in high regards in any aspect
I see what you are saying, I just don't know anything about the "bad" with him. I just feel he's a good D mind based on the numbers he has put out, and the performance of the teams he has coached on, and I agree recruits he has does help him out. I take yalls word though about not wanting him, and if he would be a trouble to the team I wouldn't want him either.

I see what you are saying, I just don't know anything about the "bad" with him. I just feel he's a good D mind based on the numbers he has put out, and the performance of the teams he has coached on, and I agree recruits he has does help him out. I take yalls word though about not wanting him, and if he would be a trouble to the team I wouldn't want him either.
How much is true, only he and a few others know for sure, but he was reputed to be messing around with the cheerleaders at FSU. He ultimately married a 22 year old beauty who felt "threatened" by the good looking coeds at FSU. She apparently provided the impetus for his leaving FSU, but if she thought there weren't good looking coeds at Georgia (or anywhere else, for that matter), then she must not be too bright. Most of this was reported in an Orlando newspaper article about him.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
How much is true, only he and a few others know for sure, but he was reputed to be messing around with the cheerleaders at FSU. He ultimately married a 22 year old beauty who felt "threatened" by the good looking coeds at FSU. She apparently provided the impetus for his leaving FSU, but if she thought there weren't good looking coeds at Georgia (or anywhere else, for that matter), then she must not be too bright. Most of this was reported in an Orlando newspaper article about him.
Well if that was the justification then he'd have no problems working at Tech (I kid, I kid)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
But they are in the SEC, where the worst are better than the best elsewhere!
Yup, that 9-7 win was a pinnacle of defensive football, a clash between two evenly matched elite teams that was so tough it actually is responsible for any and all non-conference losses by either team, both before and after this game. These SEC teams are just so good it's not fair for them to have to play regular teams too.

"Must not be too bright. . . . . ' A coed? At FSU? Not bright? C'mon, man!

Might have something to do with FSU playing in the ACC and Georgia playing in the SEC. Aside from Clemson, FSU played Wake, BC, Syracuse, NCST, and Louisville every year. Their crossover was da U in a down cycle. It is irritating, but there is a difference in the leagues.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Might have something to do with FSU playing in the ACC and Georgia playing in the SEC. Aside from Clemson, FSU played Wake, BC, Syracuse, NCST, and Louisville every year. Their crossover was da U in a down cycle. It is irritating, but there is a difference in the leagues.
And speaking of which, I've never seen a conference so devoid of QB talent as the sec this year. Also, you may want to review your assertion of NCSU and Louisville having chronically weak offenses.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It seems like UGAg and GT are both up or down as programs at the same time. This has helped Richt keep his job.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
It seems like UGAg and GT are both up or down as programs at the same time. This has helped Richt keep his job.
This has been going on for years. Georgia has been gift wrapped 7-9 wins every year since I can remember. With their talent and schedule, the only teams that have equal or better talent are UF and Auburn. Once in a blue moon they will draw Bama or LSU, but that's about it.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Why do we really care? Would i love to see them implode in Athens? Yes!!

But, I'd much rather GT "step it up" and become a Top 10 - 20 team year after year in all major sports.