Why You Don't Like UGA

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but not the same kind of average, hence my use of "confusion." The joke doesn't play on different uses of the same word which is a classic source of humor but relies on the equivocation. In other words, for the joke to work, you must be too stupid to understand the difference between mean and median.
Huh?

:smug:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Have despised them for over 50 years, just like the devil or his place called hell.

To give you a recent observation....Saint Richt was jumping up and down on the field of play with most of his team when they scored that 4th and goal TD, and popcorn, coke, beer falling all over my head from the classy mutts around me...then we kick a miracle FG(which could have been more difficult if the Saint had not called timeout with the play clock expiring), with their double standard coach now complaining to the S$C officials while we are celebrating a tie game. One of their former players tapped me on the shoulder after D.J. picked off the Mason pass attempt, to inform me that our chances of getting out alive were severely reduced.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hate UGA because it comes with loving Georgia Tech.

Once, I wore a red tie with a black suit. It wasn't a Saturday. We weren't at a game, obviously. Mrs. CPJ asked me why I was dressed in UGA colors? I knew that day how deeply the hatred actually runs.

Haven't done that again.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Why don't I like UGA???? That's like asking me why I breathe! I don't own anything red, won't have anything red in my house (including family) and think the word bulldog shouldn't exist in the English language. Do I need to expound any further? Sheesh, this question is a no brainer! :ROFLMAO:

thwgjacket

I have a strong dislike of uga because their fans aren't nuanced in the game, they're absolutist. Growing up in South Georgia you realize that a lot of people around you haven't left that area...ever. As such, they lack a true understanding of what being the best at something really is. So most uga fans you talk to believe that any player that plays for uga must be the best player at that position in the country. They'll entertain no notion to the contrary. I must admit, as I grow older, and have moved out of the area, my anger has morphed mainly into pity. I pity their fans, I hate their team.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a strong dislike of uga because their fans aren't nuanced in the game, they're absolutist. Growing up in South Georgia you realize that a lot of people around you haven't left that area...ever. As such, they lack a true understanding of what being the best at something really is. So most uga fans you talk to believe that any player that plays for uga must be the best player at that position in the country. They'll entertain no notion to the contrary. I must admit, as I grow older, and have moved out of the area, my anger has morphed mainly into pity. I pity their fans, I hate their team.

Sounds like you're describing the type of fan who reacts to his/her team winning a division, conference or national/league championship with statements like they got the job done or that was solid. The worst type of sports arrogance is when a community acts as though it's established fact that their team is superior in all respects, only ever losing due to gross underachievement, conspiracy or bad luck.

It shows up in a few regrettable markets and worse, is always passive-aggressive with smug condescension in every word.

For instance here in eastern MO where the 1970's Cowboys-vibe around the Cardinals/MLB has spilled over into other sports culture (and where most NHL fans understand ice hockey about as well as my cat, Patricia) you will actually hear guys on the radio saying things like: "I am ashamed at the complete lack of effort by the St. Louis Blues tonight, losing in triple-overtime in Game 7 to the defending Stanley Cup champions. What an embarrassment compared to the potential this team had."

All I know about the Georgia program itself is that they're a glad-old SEC school with a big wallet open for basket-weaving mercenaries, favored by the media. Mark Richt is on record with some nasty, literally uncalled-for remarks about anti-establishment politicians, which fits the snide front-runner personality. So unless I'm given evidence that the Bulldog front-seven can define Trigonometry, or that their HC isn't a smarmy jerk*** etc, I will dislike Georgia regardless of really liking Georgia Tech.

Last edited:

shockwaveGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I hate UGA because it comes with loving Georgia Tech.

Once, I wore a red tie with a black suit. It wasn't a Saturday. We weren't at a game, obviously. Mrs. CPJ asked me why I was dressed in UGA colors? I knew that day how deeply the hatred actually runs.

Haven't done that again.
Does Mrs. CPJ hate the dawgs??? :)

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Does Mrs. CPJ hate the dawgs??? :)
Not sure how to answer that. Wouldn't presume to speak for her. But, clearly red/black in combo are forbidden in any setting. On any day of the week.

Even away from Bobby Dodd.

On Thanksgiving day, we were stopping by to ummm...pick something up. My wife had on a reversible dress with black tights. Without thinking, she had worn it on the red side rather than the grey. She realized her mistake en route. She made me go to the door for fear that Mrs. CPJ would see her like that. Wouldn't even get out of the car.

Last edited:

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
Why don't I like UGA???? That's like asking me why I breathe! I don't own anything red, won't have anything red in my house (including family) and think the word bulldog shouldn't exist in the English language. Do I need to expound any further? Sheesh, this question is a no brainer! :ROFLMAO:
I make one exception to the red rule, and it's the same one that BDS makes, which is for our red neighbors across the street at Coke HQ.

Generally, I also don't think you should let them own the color. That's giving them too much credit. I just think it's an unpleasant color and doesn't look particularly good on me, so that makes it easy.